When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Silix Watch Vs Silix Prime

david-aussie

I have been looking at silix watch and silix prime website.

There is a big difference between them in terms of price.

I know silix prime has eta movement.

But are the silix watch reps are reasonable if u didnt want eta movement.?

Or are they so cheap that u should stay away.???

Does anyone have any experience with silix watch rep.???

( I had done a serach and read people are happy with silix prime,just

not sure of the quality of the rep from silix watch)

thanks

I have been looking at silix watch and silix prime website.

There is a big difference between them in terms of price.

I know silix prime has eta movement.

But are the silix watch reps are reasonable if u didnt want eta movement.?

Or are they so cheap that u should stay away.???

Does anyone have any experience with silix watch rep.???

( I had done a serach and read people are happy with silix prime,just

not sure of the quality of the rep from silix watch)

thanks

sillix decent reps for not alotta $$$$ :victory:

very good customer service too ! ..

research the dealer review section ..

I have a few of silixwatch Asain movements, they are all good representations of the genuine watch and are all still ticking strong after a year.

However choose wisely as there are many on the site that are way off, but still all watches are better than Canal street watches.

Ken

Just noticed they've posted up some new TAGs on their 'watchsilix' site. They've got the Jack Heuer brown LE for a silly cheap price. Also their Asian movement LINKs seem to come with the same HQ bracelet as the top notch LINK Chrono that has become a bit famous, again at a ridiculously low cost. If nothing else it'll make getting spares for the expensive chrono easier....

Thanks guys! I didn't mean to hijack, just pointing out how much fun these cheap watches can be :victory:

The case distressing is sort of an evolved thing. One of the old hands here, maybe Nanuq or Ubiquitous, got me rolling on the distressing thing. I look at pics of gens and just try to emulate that. If you look at pics of old gens it's usually more of a "burnished" finished than just scratched up. You have to scratch it up, polish, (I use a buffer on a dremel) scratch, polish, etc. until you get the patina. I use files, sandpaper and the dremel for beating them up. It actually takes a little time to get them looking old.

Here's another of my favorites:

119451-21921.jpg

I can't actually get into silixwatch.com at the moment - takes me through to some other search site. Anyone ales having those problems?

By the way, the AirKing they have on there for about $50 had some really good reviews a while back...

I wrote the good review on the cheapie Air-King from Silix, about a year ago I think. It is truly a nice watch for the money.. However, I bought another Air-King from him last month, and it has a slightly different dial. not the same as in the pictures, and a little bit poorer.

Still a nice watch and the text on the Air-King dial has changed several times during the models long lifespan.