When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Chrono PAMs from DSN - 188, 196 and a new T-S-T dial to boot

w0lf

Thought I'd share what I woke up to this morning:

PAM188G

PAM196G

Both with ETA7753!

I can see some flaws right away but all in all I'm very pleasantly surprised.

Also, looks like a destro 'mellow yellow' T-S-T dial has been brought back! It'll need a re-lume and -,- removal but it's a treat like no other!

It's exciting times!

Update - the price is $860

Snrubb, The 6 o'clock subdial is lumed on the 250 not 196.

I didn't have time to examine these before I ran off to work this morning but what I noticed was 188 had a extra 0 in the millesimation run # on the caseback but I wasn't going to get a 188 anyway so at least for me it's a non-issue :) The crown will get swapped immediately (Tourby we neeeeeeed your spring loaded T48!) so the CG cutout is not going to seem so large. The lume will be good enough not to worry about a re-lume, the dial & hands are excellent. The bezel profile is tall just like on gen and the old honpo case. The caseback will probably be thinner than the real deal and the A/R remains to be seen, however DSN has made some great advancements in his A/R so this one might be just right. The case has a rather pronounced strap notch but if I know anything about DSN cases, the strap will mount so close to the case - you might not even see it. All in all depending on the price point I think we may have a very nice offering.

al, hold your horses mister, we'll get 2 and save on MG fees :)

A font on PANERAI seems a little off. Too pointy at the top.

Hopefully he will sell parts.

That bezel and CG are - not so good.

You can say that again! :)

Ok, I had a little bit of time to look at DSN's model and it does appear that the bezel fonts and tachy #'s placement is off. In addition it looks like L S M L is once again an Arial or similar family font.. Why ohh why cant you get it right.

BTW the CG is not all that bad.. Not sure if the daylight got affected in the G year by CG transition from cont. to historic so it might be OK. I'd like to hear what chrono experts have to say about these.

Can someone elaborate what's wrong with the bezel aside from slightly thicker font? I don't have access to photobucket at work.

If I may try...the bezel is slightly wider and with lesser slope, just like the one that came on cartel V2 case in mid '07. It is also comes with thinner side profile making it look shallow, at least that's what I could pick from the photos in his Photobucket. The case in general isn't that great, though IMO but has potential.

I haven't done any deep and detailed comparisons of the dials but that dial on 196 is by far the closest rep 196 Daylight dial I've seen so far. Hands are also great. DW is thicker but short of that gen font thickness. All in all good package for someone looking for Gen ETA-7753 powered Daylight. It gets thumbs up from me with slight reservations...but hey B)

Others may disagree with my views and opinions, though.

W0lf, mate - you sure that destro is from his new batch, it looks like the very destro dial he had available few years back and discontinued since. Also, I haven't see that good T-Swiss-T print under six on his dials for years now. I'm only hoping he isn't using old stock photo for his new batch of destro Marina dials :g:

So

are these better than the cartel 7753 versions?? (Lume and datewheel aside) I owned a beauty that I had modded up with T crown, Leo wheel and a slightly modded cg and everyone said the case shape was all wrong and that the only good daylight would be a modded EL case Daylight

So is the case shape right?