When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which screws for Torobravo CG?

Hi I received my CG from Torobravo today (for Pam220), but have a bit of a problem...

I have tested the three different types of screws I have - two different types of cartel and a fiddy style screw from a Getat watch and none of them fit, the screw heads are either too wide in circumference or too tall.

There are plenty of places selling them, can anyone recommend a screw that will fit the Torobravo CG ?

Thanks for reading and any advice!

Yup. Screws from Jackson Tse definitely work, assuming the thread matches your case. I've tried Jackson's regular CG screws and the screws for his Titanium cases (smaller in diameter. Both work well with the Toro.

Thanks guys, contacted TB straight away, he said he'd check for any spare he had, then got back to me asking to post a topic in his section at RG - which i have now done.

I have also tested a fourth kind of screw from my street bought GMT (which turns out to be this one - http://www.1-pc8838.com/pn16101-marina-ssss-asian-2813-functional-p-8807.html)

Still no go.

Jackson will have the same screws as Getat won't he? Will definitely look into and very much appreciate your advice!

Bummer was hoping to get this on for a do tonight as my fave reps outside of this are both with Zig.

Sorry, I gotta bump this as i have seventy quid worth of CG just sitting there and many seem to think the existing cartel screws should fit...

So a new question, what your experience with TB CG's - did you have to find new screws or did your existing ones fit?

Thanks in advance for _any_ further input. as I am starting to be concerned that i received a a dud... ( have gotten one topic posting and two PM's saying the old screws should fit)

hello dear

i hab buy toros cg too ago 3weeks,and till now no get it.

i ask directly toro if the can send me to the crownguard the screws which i need.i know that this ones like the davidsen are the smaller are..

but toro says that he dont supply the screws for it.for me a littel undiscred to do bizz or?

alone for his customers he can look where he can get the screws:)

Greetz andy

Did you ever find a screw that would fit?

Panatime's screws are a definite "no go", I just ordered two sets of Jackson Tse's screws but he said they would take ~2-3 weeks to be delivered. Seems like I'll be waiting for a while, any confirmations as to if Jackson's CG screws will fit with TB's CG?

Did you ever find a screw that would fit?

Panatime's screws are a definite "no go", I just ordered two sets of Jackson Tse's screws but he said they would take ~2-3 weeks to be delivered. Seems like I'll be waiting for a while, any confirmations as to if Jackson's CG screws will fit with TB's CG?

No, and I'm starting to get a bit [censored] off about it. Seems the concensus is that the orig screws should fit. I'm thinking I have a dud. TB seems to have wiped his hands of it - simply saying post a topic... I did that and the responses (and PM's) have been that everyone just uses the orig screws.

here are the pics that are being ignored:

from the side, this is as far as it will screw in:

TB-lever-side.jpg

With the lever "closed"

TB-lever-closed.jpg

And the screws in question, they measure 2.98mm and you actaully see the size difference inh the CG's - TB's on left

screws.jpg

BTW, I've also been told that Jackons screws are the same as Getat ones I've tried - they don't fit.