When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which red would you buy?

Gorilladame

Your yuki franken is also beautiful. I would wear it proudly if I had one like yours. Can you give me a rough round figure what your Yuki cost you please? thanks

I payed the regular yuki price for the case and the dial, 50 € for the gen crystal (very nice!), 25€ for the gen crown and about 100€ for the 9315 without endlinks and clasp and 80€ for the eta...

But it took me nearly 3 month to get those things at this price...

I like that meters-first! Very nice score.

If I was him I'd get it in for a service and have them take a close look under the crystal retaining ring at 3:00 and 7:00 positions. There's some funny discoloration there and I'd guess it is NOT waterproof.

@Gorilladame, where did you get the 9315 parts for 100

+1 on what Nanuq says, beautiful dial and certainly need to get that discoloration looked at. But then again, that watch is past the beater catagory, so no showering, swimming or diving allowed. Only light dishwashing duty and maybe a 50 yard dash in the rain (with a raincoat on)!

He called the seller before he bought it and he told that brown stuff is just dirt and that he will clean it before shipping.But IMO a small service is mandatory anyways!

and please no dishwashing ;-)

I bought my 9315 at eBay, without endlinks and clasp in a medium condition. It is nice for a lowlevel franken but nothing for a serious One.

Thanks for the 9315 info... I'm looking for replacement folded links for mine, that lives on my DRSD. It's so worn that I'm almost afraid to use it now.

I believe your friend made the right choice. The meters first dial all other things being close to equal, is the more valuable of the watches. If your RSC still services vintage subs, I would definitely take it there and have them service it. One thing he is going to get the service papers that authenticate the watch, and should he change his mind and want to either sell it or trade it later on, the RSC paperwork will help.Rolex is getting pretty picky about the old watches, and a RSC service may not be possible, but if it's available, it will be worth it.

Another thing, using a RSC or a really good Rolex watchmaker( one with a current parts account) isn't going to be a whole lot of difference in price. There was a thread on VRF a couple of months ago, and the prices quoted by some of the really well trained guys was right up there with RSC's prices.

I'm with alligoat on the wearing thing, this watch may have been a beater 25 years ago, but it's out of that price range now. If he has it restored correctly, this one should be worn, but not where it can get beat up, or test the water resistance. For that he should get a nice 1680 Rep like your yuki or a MBW, and wear the hell out of it.

If he has it restored correctly, this one should be worn, but not where it can get beat up, or test the water resistance. For that he should get a nice 1680 Rep like your yuki or a MBW, and wear the hell out of it.

Good idea!

I could sell him my spare MBW 1680!

;-)

Thanks for all the comments guys, hope to get my hands on the watch to post some pics...