When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Full ceramic gold Hubllot

Mickey Padge

After my previous gold ceramic purchase from Tony, discussed here:

I decided to buy another full ceramic Hublot as soon as I had the chance, having sold the 1st version a long time ago.....

After many, many months the factory decided to create another batch (the 1st version being discontinued and out of production), so I jumped on board as soon as I could. I went with Mary this time, as her service, QC and price point are among the best I have come across :)

Enough chat, here are some pictures, keep clicking to expand:

dsc03479jg.th.jpgdsc03480jb.th.jpgdsc03481sy.th.jpgdsc03482xo.th.jpgdsc03483xm.th.jpg

dsc03484h.th.jpgdsc03485e.th.jpgdsc03486g.th.jpgdsc03488b.th.jpgdsc03489a.th.jpg

dsc03483k.jpg

A stunning watch as you can see, I think it is better than the previous version. The case back is nicer with the black font lettering, although still not accurate, but then how many full ceramic genuine Hublot's are there anyway? The rotor engraving is also a massive improvement, looks just as fine and crisp as the V1 factory. The AR is also very, very good, with a blue/green tint, the crystal disappears at certain angles. The general fit and finish is good, the pushers are neat and tidy, without overlarge cutouts you sometimes see them protruding through. The strap and buckle are well made, the strap also has a feint vanilla smell....

The gold ceramic finish is excellent, very high quality too, the colour looks good and the buckle matches perfectly, the dial CF pattern is sharp and the print is clean, and the date has a nice bold font, overall the watch has an impressive wrist presence and feel to it B)

The only thing that I noticed is the bezel screws, two are a bit smaller than the others, I think that may be because I requested a brushed bezel, so when it was swapped they may have used the wrong screws. I am sure Mary will send out some new screws, an easy fix and not even that noticeable, just splitting hairs really :p

For about $350 shipped this has to be one of the best Hublots around, the fact that the ceramic case shouldn't fade or tarnish is a massive bonus too.....

Comments and observations welcome! :D

MIckey.. i have 2 burning questions.

1) Just how many Hublots do you have??

2) WHich is your favourite and why? :p

I only have one now, this one! :)

Although I have owned the all steel (this factory) and all black ceramic V1 version too (custom ice dial)....

I think I have to say this is my favourite one, I have always wanted a subtle gold watch, but the plate wearing away put me off big time, that won't be a problem with this watch. Also as it's a low beat A7750, I may try and get a Swiss ETA7750 dropped in, I really like it that much! B)

hey mickey :) nice watch you got there and for this price i think its a no brainer, looks realy like a big bang for the money :lol:

but please let me ask you as you have owned a v1 also, dos the v1 strap also smells like vanilla??

cause i realy dont like that vanilla smell...it reminds me on that wonder trees in some cars :yuk:

:D

Thanks chaps, I have it boxed up with a Swiss 7750, ready for Domi's magic, fingers crossed all goes well! B)

Mines boxed up with a TX crystal and 2Geek DW ready for Domis magic too.......(theyre probably jobs I should be able to do myself, but im not risking it) :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Mines boxed up with a TX crystal and 2Geek DW ready for Domis magic too.......(theyre probably jobs I should be able to do myself, but im not risking it) :thumbsupsmileyanim:

You got yours too? Where are the preliminary pictures? :)

Good luck with your mods, you must post pictures when she's finished! B)

You got yours too? Where are the preliminary pictures? :)

Good luck with your mods, you must post pictures when she's finished! B)

Aaaaaaaah I didnt know prelim pictures was a MUST :p Mine's a Francisco modded one off another member...The crystal is scratched up pretty bad (NOT from Francisco's modding im sure). So thank goodness I bought the TX before they ran out.

Will deffo post pics. Good luck with the heart transplant in yours too..... :good:

Aaaaaaaah I didnt know prelim pictures was a MUST :p Mine's a Francisco modded one off another member...The crystal is scratched up pretty bad (NOT from Francisco's modding im sure). So thank goodness I bought the TX before they ran out.

Will deffo post pics. Good luck with the heart transplant in yours too..... :good:

Yes Hublot pictures are mandatory bleh2y.gif

Hehe, just kidding, I look forward to seeing the result! :)

WOW!!! what an impresive watch!! Now you're making me doubt whether to take this one. I was 100% decided to take the HBB all SS (with silver rings in subdials, like the one that you had).

One question: do you think that the all SS is easier to scratch than the full ceramic?

Mickey... everytime you post RG HBB I start lusting. The first RG HBB you had made me want to get one. Then by the time I got around to it they were all gone!!

So I ended up with a SS/CF/Cer instead. Now you do this!!!

Just a few questions, the case and bezel are ceramic. The pushers and crown are plated right? Not that they matter as they aren't wear points.

What about the caseback though. Is that ceramic or plated? I am think if it's plated that perhaps I could coat the caseback (with the crystal removed) with something like polyurethane or a similar clearcoat.

The pushers and crown must be plated I asume yes, but the case back is 100% ceramic too, it is a full ceramic case :)

In regards to what will scratch easier, well that would be the steel watch, because ceramic is a much harder substance on the hardness scale, it takes much more effort to mark it, or another "harder" substance, although it can be brittle, so don't over tighten those screws! B)