When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Polished-Brushed DSSD

ThinkBachs

I can't just have something that is the "same old same old" so I took the standard DSSD to the next level. Using a Rolex Yacht Master as my inspiration, I modded my DSSD to give it a little flair. I also wanted something that would contrast nicely with a rubber diver strap, so took the DSSD to my jeweler to have the lugs polished (it's tough getting under the bezel to get a good polish, and I didn't want to scratch the lugs trying to remove it), then polished the center links....

DSSD-Polished-Brushed.jpg

Some might think it's an abomination to do such a thing- that's certainly the look I got from the jeweler, but it works for me. I also considered comments from the Rolex forum where the subject was raised and the feedback was very positive. I should have cleaned the watch before taking the photo, but I guess I was in a hurry to share. :)

i think it looks better this way. I was thinking of polishing mine. The way it looks now is just all dull and lifeless.. this one looks better i think, more classy :thumbsupsmileyanim: