When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My WM9 V2 FRanken Sub 16610 - Image heavy!

watcher

Having seen the error of my ways, this watch will now stay in my collection!

So I thought I would snap a few new shots of it.

Everything you see on the watch is genuine Rolex with the exception of the middle case(WM9 V2), the hands(WM9 SD hands) and the movement(SW200)

I have just finished shaving down a genuine 16610 datewheel and have fitted it this afternoon. This has made quite a difference as it is much more white and the numbers are fractionally smaller so it looks better in the date window of the dial(well I think so anyway :clapping: )

Enjoy the pics!

011.jpg

001.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

007.jpg

010.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

008.jpg

I have not pressure tested it as such but have been swimming with no issues. I don't know anyone with a machine unfortunately, I'm curious if it now has the same tolerances as a gen Sub. Everything fits nice and tight and flush! :victory:

It was not easy to do because of the thickness. My watch started life as a V3 and as such comes with a thick brass retainng ring for the movement which has the gen dial bonded to it. There is more room beneath the dial than there would be with a little spacer ring like normally used on eta movements.

Actually looking back through my buying list, the DW is not gen. It came from Wholesaleoutlet as an aftermarket 3135 DW but it is much better printed than the WM9 DW. Sorry about that!

Very nice watch Watcher! This is the absolute 16610!

I have a question for you: i own the V3 and i was thinking about upgrading it with gen tube and crown (already got a gen insert fitted). I feel like the CG's are a bit too long and so am thinking about shaving them a little. What do you think about that? Does installing the new tube and crown would improve this CGs lenght issue? Or will i still need to shave them a bit if i want them to look perfect?

Hope i've been clear enough,

Would very much welcome your light on this matter!

the DW is not gen. It came from Wholesaleoutlet as an aftermarket 3135 DW but it is much better printed than the WM9 DW. Sorry about that!

Now it's clear, sorry.

:victory:

It's impossible to get Gen 3135 in Eta.

Numbers are in opposite direction .

Very nice watch Watcher! This is the absolute 16610!

I have a question for you: i own the V3 and i was thinking about upgrading it with gen tube and crown (already got a gen insert fitted). I feel like the CG's are a bit too long and so am thinking about shaving them a little. What do you think about that? Does installing the new tube and crown would improve this CGs lenght issue? Or will i still need to shave them a bit if i want them to look perfect?

Hope i've been clear enough,

Would very much welcome your light on this matter!

I understand what you are saying and this is the biggest issue with the V3 cases! You will see on my pics that the V2 case lugs are shorter which is mainly due to the case not having as much metal removed from between the Cg's. The problem is that when the crown is fully screwed in it nealry touches the bezel on a V3!

A gen crown tube may improve it slightly and your watch will look better if you are able to shorten the lugs. I don't understand why WM9 did this as it was a step back from the V2 case! :victory:

Oooh... nice. An older dial, eh? I forget which years the "SWISS" dials were used.

I had a transitional 1999 A series Submariner that had "Swiss" on the dial. I sold it a while ago and regretted doing so but then I found this site and BK. The rest is history.

I will try and find the DW I bought from his list. My Ebay feedback will not let me see it as I bought the wheel more than 90 days ago. It does turn the date in the correct way but does need some of the thickness removing from the back to clear the dial. :rolleyes: