When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Interesting in 6497-2 High Beat movements

t

i have order 500 of the 6497-2 movements. But the standard plain version without decoration. Movements are 100% SWISS MADE and with the 21.600 A/h high beat + more power reserve. Same like used by genuine PANERAI.

I don

That's certainly great news and fantastic offer. :victory:

Especially considering a high-cost of ETA-6497-2 mov'ts which is about 3-4 times of it's slower 'sibling' 6497-1, if you can find one that is.

Tourby, would you have a pic of the non-decorated one that you could post here?

Many thanks,

b

Hi

the "plain" movements was full of dirt and dust (old stock movements)... not acceptable

the "TOP" movements was 30% more expensive as agreed... to expensive!!!!

i have bought the 6498-2 movments only... not bad with the "Glycudur" balance, the complete blue screws (without the silver slot) and the finer wheels... but this movements comes directly from ETA and not from SOPROD... the SOPROD 6497-2 movements have the additional "Perlage".

If you guys would arrange a "group buy" with 100 movements... i could order the closest Version of the 6497-2 TOP with Perlage

i would like to see a pic of the genuine PAM movements (Pre-V Version without swan neck and PAM bridges)

here a pic of the 6498-2 TOP

6498-2004.jpg

6498-2005.jpg

Here you go. This is closest to the preA movement, which was the first Panerai to use the 6497-2. However they didn't have blued screws, but the CdG pattern is the same. I have one of this style in a 6497-1 in my preA franken, as it was the closest that I could get.

post-753-054054600 1277461608_thumb.jpg

Here you go. This is closest to the preA movement, which was the first Panerai to use the 6497-2. However they didn't have blued screws, but the CdG pattern is the same. I have one of this style in a 6497-1 in my preA franken, as it was the closest that I could get.

Good picture clearly showing the 6497-1 in the Pre-V's / 6497-2 for later watches. Still like the idea of a high-beat Swiss movement with decent decoration (CDG & Perlage) regardless of 'accuracy'!