When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Clearly I am doing something wrong, but, what? - hunt for a UPO

glassreplica

Please don't read this as my criticising the dealers mentioned, I just want to find out if I am doing something wrong, or should I try alternative sources?

I have been looking for a UPO for a while. I contacted PT (Precious Time) back in October last year and we agreed a price for a UPO with SS and with Black Rubber straps. I dropped him a note to confirm that I wanted to proceed and have not heard since. I have dropped a further 4 PM's and also contacted him through his website (ptswiss). More recently I have dropped PM's to Narikaa to see if I can get a UPO through him, but, again no response. Is there a shortage of UPO's? Am I contacting these guys in the wrong way, or broken ettiquete? Or, does it just take a long time to order from dealers - I realise that this is not Amazon, but, does it take this long normally?

I would love to get a UPO with SS, black rubber, black bezel and either orange / white numerals, but, it seems to be difficult to track one down, or to get a response from dealers. I would want to wear the watch for light swimming and so may need to consider modders in the future / waterproof testing (once I have the watch any recommendations on good modders / testers in the EU would be welcomed).

I am UK based and so would prefer to avoid the customs risks associated with non-European trades (unless other members have experience of safe trades on high quality UPOs from dealers?).

Edited by glassreplica

Please don't read this as my criticising the dealers mentioned, I just want to find out if I am doing something wrong, or should I try alternative sources?

I have been looking for a UPO for a while. I contacted PT (Precious Time) back in October last year and we agreed a price for a UPO with SS and with Black Rubber straps. I dropped him a note to confirm that I wanted to proceed and have not heard since. I have dropped a further 4 PM's and also contacted him through his website (ptswiss). More recently I have dropped PM's to Narikaa to see if I can get a UPO through him, but, again no response. Is there a shortage of UPO's? Am I contacting these guys in the wrong way, or broken ettiquete? Or, does it just take a long time to order from dealers - I realise that this is not Amazon, but, does it take this long normally?

I would love to get a UPO with SS, black rubber, black bezel and either orange / white numerals, but, it seems to be difficult to track one down, or to get a response from dealers. I would want to wear the watch for light swimming and so may need to consider modders in the future / waterproof testing (once I have the watch any recommendations on good modders / testers in the EU would be welcomed).

I am UK based and so would prefer to avoid the customs risks associated with non-European trades (unless other members have experience of safe trades on high quality UPOs from dealers?).

No.. there is no shortage of UPO. Every dealer has them. Do you have all the correct email addresses and web addresses? Andrew and Josh have a tendency to answer emails within a day.. it's strange to me that they wouldn't get back to you. You can also try Mary, king, Angus at Puretime, Watcheden, timeshops, Silix.. etc. I got my UPO a year ago from Angus. Took around 10 days from ordering it to arrive at my door... Not sure what you're doing.. but I'm guessing you don't have the right email addresses if you're not getting any responses....

try mary from watchinternational!!!!!!!very good dealer and very very good UPO from her!!!!!!!with swiss eta!!!!good luck my friend!!!!

Thanks - I have heard back from Narikaa, but, he does not do the UPO only the PO. I have not dealt with Watch International before, have other members user WI and could you provide contact details / a website? Thanks in advance.

Guest tolis

my friend read this is this forum < my new beaty!45mm UPO version>.here in omega forum in this site!!!!its my review for my UPO from watchinternational!!!!if you want something else here i am for any help!!!!

Tolis - indeed a fantastic looking watch and as pointed out the text spacing looks great. I was hoping for an EU dealer so that I don't have any customs issues coming into the UK. I know that Narikaa (does not have the UPO) and Precious Time (has not responded to my emails as yet) are both dealers within the EU. Are there any other EU based dealers?

He wants a black bezel.. Think you very likely have the wrong contact addresses because these dealers handle tons of orders daily and there's no reason all of them chose to ignore your email. Their emails are available at the dealer's corner or their individual website. Do come back with photos when you get your watch! The black bezel orange numbers UPO tickles my heart.... just not strong enough yet :)

I 2nd the notion to contact Mary. She is a trusted dealer here, her section is watchinternational. Just send her a pic of what you want, she will understand UPO. She has no storefront website, just email her. Her QC is excellent.

• 2 weeks later...

I use gmail and I noticed that it is very aggressive in putting anything to do with watches in the SPAM folder. In fact email from the Chopard company went to the spam folder. I also had email from one of the Cartel dealers responding to my questions in my SPAM folder. If you have some sort of SPAM filter, you will need to check it. Also if you send any email to the dealers be sure to add their email to your address book.

+1 on Mary. She should be able to get you a UPO. Be aware of the new black dial with incorrect text spacing. I think the older dial may be harder to get hold of now.

Also try Lay at replicamake.com,,, i contacted him earlier this week about his UPO with clone ETA (about $230). Lay also does a full waterproof test and movement check before dispatching. *I'm getting my HBB all-black from him.

I highly recommend the UPO... I will have 2 by the end of next week :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Hi there and sincere thanks to you all for your posts. I did mention I was from RWG and that the dealers mentioned had come highly recommended. I should update you in that PT has now come back to me and I have ordered a UPO. I am hoping that it comes with the correctly spaced text on the dial.

I sent payment around 7 days ago and so within the next 10 days I should have a UPO in my hands. I never did get to the bottom of the lack of communication and Mary has not come back to me. I am not blaming any dealers as I may well have email filtering issues (I do use google). On the other hand, patience did allow me to research the UPO a little more. If I am not happy with the dial text and the crown stem, who would be the best modders to contact with experience in this (modders in the EU only as when I get the UPO I don't want to risk losing it with customs - I am UK based). Are there any other mods I should consider as a must? Also, bearing in mind my experience to date is removing case backs to check movements, is a dial change and crown stem change sraight forward and should I attempt myself?

Of course it goes without saying, photos will be posted soon and I look forward to reviewing the watch and experience with PT.

Thanks to you all and happy UPOing!