When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Oyster Perpetual

jmb

Kurt graciously provided me with a nicely "aged" Oyster Perpetual dial a while back for which I immediately started scrounging parts. I still don't have the proper Dauphine style hands and I'm out of plexi crystals but I couldn't wait any longer. I mated this fine dial with one of my 34mm plain sapphire cases, a 2836-2 movement, rep gold Datejust hands, and a rep 19mm Jubilee band and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I will install Dauphine hands and a Clark plexi at a later date but for right now I'm just gonna wear it like it is!

Oyster Perp 2.JPG

Oyster Perp 1.JPG

Oyster Perp 3.JPG

Oyster Perp 4.JPG

Oyster Perp 5.JPG

LH - Yeah, I like those dials too. My rep DJ has a silver one... I wonder if there is a way (maybe with UV lamps) to get a rep dial to "age" lie this?

goat - Eventually, but I'm out of 'em right now and after a quick look through my "band box" the only 19mm Rolex signed I saw was the Jubilee. I have some Tudor Prince Date bands but I figured that would REALLY look out of place! ;) I was thinking of ordering just a plain Brushed Oyster but maybe the Riveted Oyster would be nice. The only thing I currently have one on is my DRSD.

R, yes they are but I'm out of T-12 crystals and the only thing I need to order from ofrei at the moment are the hands and I got impatient! These two points will be addressed...

I was about to get started on a bezel and took one more dig through the parts box and found a T-12, not sure if it's a Clarks or not but it fit in place of the sapphire perfectly - absolutely no modding needed!

side 1.jpg