When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Guess what the postman brought - flavor of the month

gtanak

Nice... wear it well! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

PS: Note the "AAA" sticker on the glass.. first time i've ever seen a rep grading sticker

I've had that before... only it wasn't... "AAA", I mean... :bangin: Unless that means something different in China, like "looked at it three times and didn't see any issue"... lol

Nice... wear it well! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I've had that before... only it wasn't... "AAA", I mean... :bangin: Unless that means something different in China, like "looked at it three times and didn't see any issue"... lol

Thanks! I will!

When i went to the canal rep market in Shanghai, the dealers were explaining they had Crap/A/AAA+ quality. Haha.. guess its real afterall!

Can't decide... Steel or rubber... haha shall size both and feel the difference.

The dealer doesn't make the watch, he buys it from someone just like you. He can be the most honest guy in the business, it doesn't mean he can't be fooled too.

My dealer actually gets the watch from the factory, opens it and verifies ETA then sends it out. But i get what you mean.

After a sneak preview... we have the unveiling. My 45.5 Omega UPO black bezel/white numbers ETA 2824-2 on SS bracelet with spare rubber strap.

My impressions:

The watch has a very solid feel on the wrist, good weight, slightly heavier than my Skyland avenger. I believe the UPO seems larger on the wrist because of the lug size. Coupled with a long solid clasp below, the watch can give a tight fit on the wrist. The bracelet is a pain to adjust.. quite a bit of tools needed for the operation. The rep lume on the dial however is unimpressive and will be relumed .. maybe to stealth blue :) Perhaps a gen dial will best resolve this. Bezel has 120 clicks, turns smoothly and i can't imagine if the ceramic Liquid metal version comes out.. that'll be a jigsaw complete. Only gripe i have is the common one about the flimpsy crown. It feels like the stem is going to snap when you're winding the watch. So most likely a gen crown, tube is a must mod for UPO. Most likely followed up with gen hands and a dial, Taka or chief AR and i think we have ourselves a keeper :p

Waiting for my Black bezel, orange numbers to arrive now :)

Enjoy folks!

starter.jpg

A closeup

closeup.jpg

Pearl shot

pearl.jpg

Caseback

caseback.jpg

UPO Clasp

clasp.jpg

Diver extension

diverbrace.jpg

Inside engraving on Bracelet

insideclasp.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now for the inside. If only it was a caliber 2500 co-axial :p

Caseback Inside

insidecaseback.jpg

Anti-magnetic cover

antimag.jpg

ETA Jewel - note the 3 clasps, 3 grooves

jewel.jpg

Yes folks, its a ETA 2824-2 DM

ETA2824.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lastly, how can anyone forget.. a wristie

wristie.jpg

Very nice. Everything looks like it should.

So.. Everyone is dying to know. Who'd it come from?

Ahh yes. The credit goes to King for her excellent QC and guaranteed ETA. 3 out of 3 ETAs later, i can say she's my trusted dealer!

Yes congratz my fren, just compare to my photos and you can be sure. It was never a myth my friend, just find a dealer that doesn't drop ship, does QC diligently and i think you will get what you pay for. In fact, the price difference btw asian n eta are so close these days that i always pick the ETA. Afterall, there are watch smiths that DO not service clone mvmts. To each his own, but if you're gonna svc your watch with either service, i reckon the ETA should last longer and come out better than the clone. But that's just mho. Enjoy!

Guest tolis

you have right my friend!!!just myth!the best is find trust dealer nothing else!!and the swiss eta its better and better from the clone!!!and the service is for easy from the watchmaker!!!!!enjoy your watch!!!!