When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SL T48 crown update

t

I have the Titanium crowns in stock... but they aren´t beadblasted... and if i am correct the TI crowns should be beadblasted... isn´t??? The old T48 crowns was beadblasted... i am not a expert... could someone tell me how the gen TI crown looks like? Is this new Titanium crown good or do we need it in beadblasted finish?

here pictures of my crowns

left: old T48 titanium crown (beadblasted)

middle: new SL T48 titanium crown (without beadblasting)

right: old T48 steel crown

titaniumcrowns004.jpg

titaniumcrowns003.jpg

Edited by t

... could someone tell me how the gen TI crown looks like? Is this new Titanium crown good or do we need it in beadblasted finish?

left: old T48 titanium crown (beadblasted)

middle: new SL T48 titanium crown (without beadblasting)

right: old T48 steel crown

titaniumcrowns003.jpg

Hi T,

the gen Ti crowns aren't bead-blasted, at least not on the historic models I handled in the past.

It should look pretty much like the one in the middle in your photo above.

cheers,

b

better pictures.. in compare with the SL T48 SS (sample crown with the overpolished bevels - the mass production will be with less polishing) and the older T48 SS + T48 TI...

titaniumcrown1.jpg

titaniumcrown2.jpg

titaniumcrown3.jpg

titaniumcrown4.jpg

titaniumcrown5.jpg

titaniumcrown6.jpg

titaniumcrown7.jpg

Edited by t

Hi t, has shipping started yet ? Can we expect to get shipping notification ?

regards

I'm pretty sure the only notification comes when the postman knocks on your door, at least that's what I've experienced :)

Hopefully, as no alteration to the finish is needed, he's working on liking some stamps now.

the pre-orders are all shipped today

new orders will be shipped out within 48 hours

here pictures of the SS and TI crowns

the SS crown is now finalized without the over-polishing and without the slope

003.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

004.jpg

Edited by t

Bwitesox,

I think Tourby said that the dish has to be shallow to accommodate the spring mechanism so I doubt there will be enough material there to make it .8mm recess. But I'm sure he will comment on this much better than I can.

I just wish there was a way to use the same manufacturing process that was used to create the spring loaded crown with less polishing on the classic deep T48 without spring. I know Tourby created this because people were always complaining about how deep his crowns were but I personally bough all of my T48's precisely because of deep dish. Myself and many others with OEM, Jimmy, Little Hero, SNembo, Torobravo and old cartel crownguards will have to get Palp's deep dish crowns.

it is not possible to make the crown dish deeper because the spring mechanism sitting here

for the guy who using the "OEM, Jimmy, Little Hero, SNembo, Torobravo and old cartel crownguards" will produce a extra crown with 0.8mm dish deep and 1.2mm threaded crown... with a bigger crown tube like the gen

this special crown will be ready in November / December... i will start with the drawings soon and will contact you guys

• 2 weeks later...