When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Building A Low Cost Super Sub

mLuMaN83

know the "21J" ones are icky ticking, but I also see ones offering an asian 2813. Are these the high beat ones?

I am trying to build a very low cost super rep and finding it hard to include a high beat movement, good date mag, new sharp clasp, ect...

The only things that dont matter will be CG's, pearl, and insert recession.

Trying to basically find a noob factory LV with good date mag, good clasp, and a high beat asian movement.

BLEH! Anybody have any leads?

2813 = a21j but maybe a notch up on the "quality" scale from your typical budget a21j. Build a vintage Sub then the beat rate will be only a hair faster than gen at 6 opposed to 5 (I think)...

The 4813 is a high beat a21j movement- 28,800bph. I don't know if anyone has a noobmariner LV with that movement.

Josh use to have a noobmariner which had a 2813 high beat movement. I don't know if it was a true high beat or chinese hype.

You could get the noob LV with the asian eta clone- that's high beat.

It will be impossible to build a super sub with a noob case. Granted the case is good but the way the crystal mounts is different. There is a visible ledge underneath around the edge of the crystal on a gen. The noob does not have that. Instead it looks like a plastic white ring. To me this is a dead give away.

To get this ledge you need a WM9 (any version and also BK versions), Euromariner or MBK.

Edited by gplracer

Trying to basically find a noob factory LV with good date mag, good clasp, and a high beat asian movement.

Our own Narikaa originally discovered the NoobMariner and offers an LV version. Why not send him a PM regarding movement options?

I guess it depends what you want the outcome to be? You can build a NICE 16610 on a budget with a Noobmariner and some minor mods. If you want vintage go with one of those new 1680's from Puretime. If you want even cheaper, get one of the $99 vintage subs from Silix and mod it. I just built a nice little 1680 for my girlfriend using a silix 1680 case, drilled out the lugs for gen 2mm bars, silix red sub dial and cheap movement whatever it is, clarks t-19 with no cyclops, better bezel insert, gen crown and tube and some trimmed crown guards.. oh yeah and an old MBW rivit oyster bracelet. It looks pretty damn good actually.. looks just as good as my franken MBW1680 from 2 feet away.

I almost didnt give it to her when i was done lol

Dizz