When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega PloProf Crystal

FDG

Hi all,

Regarding the crystal problem with the PloProf, I made a inquiry at the local crystal factory.

Specs:

28.80mm Ø 4,5mm thick sapphire

Double side AR coating ( superb AR, from the factory that does AR for Breitling, Omega and other big brands)

post-27832-046594500 1280352286.jpg

post-27832-077881200 1280352289.jpg

post-27832-026675400 1280352288.jpg

post-27832-057506500 1280352286.jpg

Due to the holidays and this being a special order, the delivery time is quite long around 8 weeks.

At this moment I asked for 20 crystals, which will cost €50,- including tax

The following (worldwide) shipping methods are available:

- Priority airmail €3,-

- Signed for (including tracking #) €11,-

EU shipping would cost less.

Payment options:

- Paypal

- Bank transfer

- Cash

If there is need for more then 20 crystals, price will be lower.

Please let me know who has interest in these crystals, by replying to the topic or PM so I can put you on the list.

List so far:

Donerix

Marsupilami

mastrmindalliance

straight-six

mpp

wan

Targa (rwi)

Hava

MilSub

Jakob

Ezchar

bkwbkw

cskent69

Eunomians

rustyrussel

marinamm20

Dangerous9

repwatch

dang99

entity

Thogaa

saber0606

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for all the replies.

Will make sure the put in a bevelled edge. If one has a drawing of the crystal with bevelled edge, that would me much appreciated.

@ Merlin: Sapphire 4,5mm thick.

I shall also post this topic on RWI?

@FDG,

I today pressed a 288 mineral into the case I have here, to check that it was the correct size.

It is nice and firm in the existing retainer, so I do think its the way to head. ( The 289 is just too tight!)

The one I test fitted was only a 3mm MG , however I think it proved the correct diameter, as the insert only grips about 3mm anyway!

I hope this is the correct direction to solve this problem.... I certainly think so.

Offshore

@FDG,

I today pressed a 288 mineral into the case I have here, to check that it was the correct size.

It is nice and firm in the existing retainer, so I do think its the way to head. ( The 289 is just too tight!)

The one I test fitted was only a 3mm MG , however I think it proved the correct diameter, as the insert only grips about 3mm anyway!

I hope this is the correct direction to solve this problem.... I certainly think so.

Offshore

Thank you. Do you also know the angle of the bevel and the width of the bevel?

@FDG,

The bevel is pretty small , something around 0.5mm, and it looks to be 45 deg, but its so small its very difficult to measure.

I saw today one of the "replacement " crystals from the dealers, and it looks to me just the same as the ones which are delaminating!

Certainly is the same measurements!

I also pressed a 287 into the case for a comparison, and that one is certainly getting to the loose point.

Also saw one of the 21J Ploprofs, the finish on the case on this one, was far inferior to the other case I have here, although without a very close inspection, it looked in all ways identical....maybe the cheaper version gets one less final polish?

Have decided to try sanding the original crystal 0.1mm, and doing a reinstall/reassembly.

See how that goes.

O/S

I received the sample yesterday.

We definetly want the double AR, the single AR was pretty effective but double AR would just kill it :)

While updating the list I noted we have 12 crystals so far, if we can make it to 30 we get extra discount. Well any crystal above 20 will give us additional discount due to the setup-fee for the machine.

So gents, bring all your friends along for the best price :)