When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New With Questions....

donce

I just joined with hopes of gaining some info. I have two swiss-made Two-Tone (14k) Submariner replicas I purchased a long time ago from fakewatch.com. One is the standard black dial and the other has the silver serti dial. Both watches stopped changing dates, so I sold the 14k/SS bracelets and kept the actual watches. I found them as I was cleaning out some things and thought about getting them repaired or selling them. How much does it cost to repair something like that and where would I send or take them. If I don't get them repaired, what are they worth?

I just joined with hopes of gaining some info. I have two swiss-made Two-Tone (14k) Submariner replicas I purchased a long time ago from fakewatch.com. One is the standard black dial and the other has the silver serti dial. Both watches stopped changing dates, so I sold the 14k/SS bracelets and kept the actual watches. I found them as I was cleaning out some things and thought about getting them repaired or selling them. How much does it cost to repair something like that and where would I send or take them. If I don't get them repaired, what are they worth?

I really don't think they are worth fixing especially since they are a couple years old. I would buy new from the dealers around here. You'll be happy you did!

I have two swiss-made Two-Tone (14k) Submariner replicas I purchased a long time ago from fakewatch.com.

Apart from the fact there's no such thing as Swiss-made replicas, are you sure the movements are ETA (aka 'swiss') inside? If so, it may be worth getting them fixed.

can you post some photos? both of the faces and if you can get the back off the movements, there are people here that will be able to tell you on the spot or not if its time to move on.

read up on "swiss made" you will find alot of info here about what is real and what isn't.

9/10 with people that come new to the board they find that for signifigantly less money they can find signifigantly better watches from some of the dealers that have good reputations here.

And as posted above, depending on the cases and the movements there are usually peole that will buy broken watches for parts here.

good luck

• 3 weeks later...

Trying to show my pics. I am not able to open the backs to show movement, because I am not skilled or equipt. All watches were purchased online at rep-sites. Silly thing, I could have just bought 1 real sub for what I paid for these 3 reps. They are supposed to have ETA 27 jewel movements with actual gold(not wrapped) bezels and crowns. The two-tone subs are the ones I wondered about and if they were worth fixing. The date-wheels don't function properly on either. The yacht works perfectly and I included that for feedback on quality if anyone could offer a guesstimation. The yacht has an sel bracelet and platinum insert. Do people trade or purchase parts like this? Thanks to all who have given me advise on how and where to post pics.

Edited by donce

I doubt that either of the subs are actually solid gold. Probably thick plating. The insert in the yacht is probably just stainless steel like the rest of the watch and not platinum. It is very unlikely that both watches have the same problem at the same time with the date not changing. It might just be that they wereb't wound enough to execute the date change since they have been sitting in the drawer. Try winding the crowns manually 40 or 50 times, shake them up really good and let them sit for a couple of days. BTW, ETA doesn't make a 27 jewel movement either. If they are ETA, they are 25 jewel.

Thanks for the reply. I just quoted the specs from the site I purchased from(perf***swi**.com) and I have no other way of knowing. The date wheels only move to the half-date position and I have tried and rewound and reset. I am not very happy if indeed the insert is not Pt. on the yacht or if the other watches are just wrapped and not solid considering they had definite pricing differences for wrapped/plated versus solid gold.

They look surprisingly good reps. If they have ETA movements inside I think they're worth fixing.

Any chance of posting bigger and better shots of the Subs?

Suggestions? Yes, disable the flash immediately, get more light and shoot in the "macro mode". You should get a small flower icon appear in your preview screen.

The reps are really good, just as I predicted. M's don't line up on the dial... but the case, crown guards and crown are excellent.

Ok first up stop using the flash, most here will use a light tent but at the very lest use only natural light.

As By-Tor said the do look good there is however a few tell tale little signs.........misaligned M's, wonky markers etc..........but we still need a closer better pic.

And a movement pic is better than a thousand words.

Ken

Edit; Damn beaten by By-Tor.....................again!

quote name='kenberg' date='Oct 8 2006, 02:46 PM' post='129363']

Ok first up stop using the flash, most here will use a light tent but at the very lest use only natural light.

As By-Tor said the do look good there is however a few tell tale little signs.........misaligned M's, wonky markers etc..........but we still need a closer better pic.

And a movement pic is better than a thousand words.

Ken

Sorry Ken. :whistling:

About the watches still... I believe these are the "Idealwatches Subs". Hate to say it but they're quality pieces.

@donce get yourself a very big ball of duct tape then hold the watch in one hand and put the ball of tape on the back of the watch and using the other hand unscrew the back.

Ken

I will try the tape method as soon as I get a chance. If anything, you guys are sharpening my camera use!!! Thanks! How do I post more pics if it's saying that I am low on space for this post?

I will try the tape method as soon as I get a chance. If anything, you guys are sharpening my camera use!!! Thanks! How do I post more pics if it's saying that I am low on space for this post?

www.imageshack

Ken

The Yacht was purchased from perfectswiss.com...I was told that it was an actual platinum insert.

• 6 months later...