When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

16800 experts help please on case question

FxrAndy

sorry maybe an extra 0 there yep 800, so the noob case with drilled lugs would be almost correct?

Yup. Actually the 16800/168000 case has practically the same shape of 16610 (apart from the fact that 16800 was 316 steel). The case of 1680 was 1 or 2 mm shorter in height.

Edited by elepaolo

Andy,

I believe ETZ has fallen off ther planet. Nothing on their review section in dealer sales, since July8 and that was just guys saying that the ir "tickets" were showing closed on the ETZ website. I wouldn't order from them if they were the last rep dealer around.

I collect and make the reps because i cant afford the real thing JoJo, but i will say my gen count is rising

1 IWC

3 Omega

I completely understand your reasoning Fxr, and it is the exact same philosophy I followed until I realized how futile it was to invest what little money I had in reps. One thing is for sure, gens (especially box/papers) will always increase in value.

Cheers,

JJ

I guess the noob case is the best one for making a 16800. But you have to get the lugholes drilled. Omega drilled the holes in my case a few years back. I've tried it myself and I know it's not a task for the weekend hobbyist. After that, the rest is fairly simple, trim the cg's, install a gen crown and tube, install a better pearl, maybe even go to the trouble of filing down a gen insert to fit in the noob bezel (which is slightly smaller than the gen). I just installed a watchmaterial pearl because I didn't feel like 'wasting' a gen insert. The gen matte dial was relumed by Ziggy and I used a 2834-2 which had an older DW with open 6's and 9's and it worked fine. It's basically the same as the 2836-2. The watch on the right is the franken, the one on the left is a gen. The franken is WR and cost me around $500 to build with gen 593 end pieces and a good 93150 rep bracelet.

P1000185.jpg

Other cases are possibilities, but are tough to find these days- the old TW Best w/ lughole works, but has deep rehaut. The Eurotimez V3 w/ lugholes would also be fine, but has the same deep rehaut. The Euro V3 will take more gen parts, something the noob case will not do. I did see a gen 3035 rolex movement fitted in a noobmariner case one time.