When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC GST Chrono

JohnDorian

I bought the titanium 3707 earlier this year. Case and bracelet are excellent replications. The dial is good, but is let down by lumeless hands -matched by virtually lumeless indices- and day/datewheels that need to be replaced ASAP. (Earlier versions of the GST had better rep wheels installed, but an upgrade to gen ETA will make a big difference.) No AR may be an issue for you, and the movement is as reliable as the next Asian 7750.

It's a good-looking watch, if you like stark functionality. Very Speedmaster-like design, unlike its flashier Aquatimer descendents.

No, there's no AR on the original. Dial printing is sharp, but not as bright as on the gen. Funny thing about the indices: You'll likely find several that are slightly crooked or not perfectly centered. What's funny about this is that the same is true on gens that I've seen and handled.

A genuine dial will fit, but I've yet to see one for the titanium 3707 show up on eBay. Dials for the steel 3707 (with metal indices) appear every now and then.

Be aware that this model has very tiny bracelet (not enough links for big guys). If you have a big wrists, like over 7,5 it won't fit (unless you get extras from the dealer).

Guest Sql_pl

I had all 3 and they were great, especially for the date of their release.

White dial is the coolest but unfortunately most flawed. Dial in gen is silver, not white.

The best one is ti but i am not a huge ti fan so i let it go.

Edited by Sql_pl

Possibly the most satisfying rep ever. I have all three (that's how much I like them) and I have a Swiss movement with ETA datewheels in the black dial SS model. I also have a gen dial for this one, but not fitted yet, so that will resolve any lume issue. Far too many watches so I would be willing to sell one of them if you're interested.

The GST replica has always been a "dark horse". It must have been released about 2004(!), before I entered the replica scene.. I am amazed it is still available, several years after it has been discontinued. That must be a good sign! :)

• 2 weeks later...

A genuine dial will fit, but I've yet to see one for the titanium 3707 show up on eBay. Dials for the steel 3707 (with metal indices) appear every now and then.

They used to appear - I have one for mine - but haven't really looked nowadays.

This is a great watch though. Now I wonder did anyone ever put a strap on it? I've always had it on the bracelet.

I love the design too - the only thing that would put me off would be how blatantly inaccurate the "Schaffhausen" printing is below the date window. It should be exactly aligned with the date window.

Argh... Now that you've mentioned this, it's all I notice!

Back to searching fruitlessly through eBay, or hoping that concepta finds a batch of 3707 dials!

I love this watch and the design all the way. The white dial with gold hands is almost perfect dress watch.

However I don't like the plain stainless steel bracelet on a watch that has gold in the watch head. Same thing why I never warmed up to the old model TT BCE.

But even with this small annoyance I love that watch. One day I will get a two-tone watch in my collection again and GST is really high on my list.

• 1 month later...

Be aware that this model has very tiny bracelet (not enough links for big guys). If you have a big wrists, like over 7,5 it won't fit (unless you get extras from the dealer).

Hi By-Tor...I'm not agree with you if anyone have the big wrists over 7'5 that's fit on his wrist.This model has 8.5" wrists bracelet so i think that should be fit.