When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Masterful!

By-Tor

Thanks muchos Gents!

I've been thinking about posting a tutorial of composing a high quality watch picture. All the Photoshop stuff, etc. It'd be a lot of work but might be useful?

It would be extremely useful BT!! :thumbsupsmileyanim: I, for one, would love to see that. Also, what would be really great is to see the staging of the photo. How you are lighting it, position of things, etc.... I think it would be really helpful for many members here! (Especially me :D )

Awesome! :thumbsupsmileyanim: Looking forward to it! I especially like the evenness of the light hitting the watch. Even with good daylight lamps and diffusion, I tend to get some highlights that are a little annoying. I would love to see how you light the watch so nicely :D

@Red: What kind of lightbox you have? I use a white plastic transparent flower pot. The light comes through the walls perfectly even. 2 lights on the sides, one on the roof. I often set the roof light height and angle by a hand (while checking the photo on the camera preview window). I've seen lots of partially nice pics where the dial has been completely forgotten. When the dial and bezel doen't get enough light you'll get noise.

Here is an old photo thread which might give you some ideas. :good:

I have a Giottos Light Box with Smith Victor lighting and daylight 5500k lights in it. I have the right gear, it's just adjusting the placement of everything that is been frustrating.

Here's a couple of pics of the set-up:

IMG_1397.jpg

DSC_1025.jpg

I've gotten some decent shots with it, but it's been hit or miss. Here's my favorite so far:

DSC_0924copy.jpg