When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Do more Carrera's have this problem?

wimpie007

This would also bug me, but i have seen same phenomenon on genuine watches. Just a wrong pick out of the parts bin i guess...

The crooked 15 however would bug me more.

Damn, thanks for pointing that out to me ;-( hadn't seen that yet

Also the AR is a lot less strong than i expected

I have been tempted to get the date discs changed to true ETA on my Tag, but never bothered, even though the alignment and font style is slightly off on mine, maybe if the two disc hues were different too, like on yours, then I would have the mod done? Yours do have better alignment when compared to mine......

As for the numeral alignment, mine has a few that could be lined up better too, but it doesn't bother me. Over time I have learnt to mellow in regards to the little things wrong with my reps, it was either that, or get out of the hobby altogether! :p

I have been tempted to get the date discs changed to true ETA on my Tag, but never bothered, even though the alignment and font style is slightly off on mine, maybe if the two disc hues were different too, like on yours, then I would have the mod done? Yours do have better alignment when compared to mine......

As for the numeral alignment, mine has a few that could be lined up better too, but it doesn't bother me. Over time I have learnt to mellow in regards to the little things wrong with my reps, it was either that, or get out of the hobby altogether! :p

Thanks Mike,

Will give it some thought if it's worth the hassle of returning it or having the datewheels changed. Maybe i have to mellow a bit

Your Carrera has a much brighter blue hue on the AR or you are better at making pictures of it ;-)

TBH, I don't see a huge difference in the white color of the DD wheels. What I do see is that the date numerals are less strong, as if less black, than the day letters. Not very disturbing, anyway.

That said, I think the ETA wheels swap is obligatory for this watch. I have the black dial Carrera day-date, and the first thing I did when I got the watch was the ETA wheels transplant.

(And now that I have mentioned it, I always wanted to install black day and date wheels, instead of the white ones (as per the gen). I think the watch would be much nicer with an all-black face. The same applies to the EBEL 1911 Discovery, by the way!)

Damn,

The watch has been acting up on me

Date only changes half on some dates.

I think there is a problem with the click

When i manually rotate the date it clicks/snaps into place on the numbers:

12-24

and not on the numbers 4-11 and 25-28, can this be fixed by a watch smith? What should be a good price for it?

Or do i need to send it back?

Hi Mickey!

Nope that doesn't work, already tried that.. ;-)

I know a bit off the inner workings off a watch and the only thing i can think of is that either the spring that clicks into the datewheel is too soft or the datewheel itself has not sharp or deep enough notches.

pardon my English btw ;-)

The AR on the gen is prominent and blue, it looks like yours is less so. Is there a micro-adjust lever on your balance assembly? I had no problems like these with my black face version. The QC on this particular model seems to be all over the place. I hate to say it, but between the AR, the 15, the DW's, for the price I'm not sure i'd be enthused.

I always wanted to install black day and date wheels, instead of the white ones (as per the gen).

I apologize if I misunderstand, but the gen date wheels are white on all the Carrera CV2A10 versions. So swapping to black would not be per gen.

I apologize if I misunderstand, but the gen date wheels are white on all the Carrera CV2A10 versions. So swapping to black would not be per gen.

Exactly, but I personally think that a black wheels set would look great on the black dial Carrera, as well as black day and date wheels would look nicer than the white ones on the Ebel 1911 discovery. I know that neither of these mods is as per the corresponding gen, but lately I've not been caring much about closeness to gen. They're not gens, afterall! :rolleyes: