When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Crown Removal Button Stuck

lionsandtigers

This is not easy if this is your first time. You need to work in a well lit work area and a 100x loupe if your eyes are below par :lol: These parts are sooooo tiny so easy to loose them. Good luck.

http://replica-watch.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=193

Edited by HighDef

Actually, you can massage the pin back in without removing the hands, dial and date wheel. With the movement removed, if you look at the side profile where the stem inserts into the movement, you will see the plate in it's recessed position. You can gently and with a very small tipped screwdrivesr, move it back into it'd position. I stress gently because you don't want to bend or mis-shapen any of the keyless works.

It's at least worth a try and I have had success 95% of the time with this technique.

Then again, I'm Cajun :Jumpy:

Ok seeing we are on this topic..........................I can't do it!...............Umm maybe I better explain that statement, I have been practising with cheap quartz movements to remove the crown and I have stuufed up a lot of them too.

I usually scan the whole movement with a ten times loupe to find anything that could conceivablly be the crown removal button, only when I am fully satisfied that I have the correct button do I then try to remove the crown.

I have tried with a very gentle push and gradually pushing harder until I completely stuff it but I have never succeeded in removing a crown, I have even taken a movement to a watchmaker and asked which button to push! In fact yesterday I had a movement that actually had lettered on the back PUSH and an arrow pointing to the button but I couldn't get it to budge, to make matters worse a friend popped in and asked what I was doing so I showed him and let him have a go and 5 minutes later he's sitting there with the bloody crown in his hand and he knows nothing about watches!!! :angry:

So big question......................what in blazes am I doing wrong :blink:

Ken :wounded1:

J-

In order to fix, you have to take the datewheel off, and remove the cover plate to the keyless works. Once the keyless works is accessed, you can reset the button...

Whoaaaaaaaaa -- NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I just went thru this an hour ago.

Take a very small crew driver -- smallest you have -- and manipulate that push button while you insert the crown. If you wiggle the push button, VERY GENTLY, it should spring back into position. Mine just did.

Good Lord I hope you have good luck -- trust me when I say I know how you feel.

Bill

He Lions... Bazz directed you to the right place... I had that same thing happen...I didn't have the patience to wait on the right size screwdriver... Used a needle.... That sucked... Bazz helped me out really simple. One more tip before you release the whole dial and hands etc. when you removed the movement from the case you can see in the sideview where the frighing pin sits wrong. i also managed to pop it back in with a tiny needle from the side. Provided that it did not shoot beyond the whole. You can just push the pin sideways with the needle. If you did not push to hard nothing has been bend and it is a rather easy fix...ONCE YOU HAVE DONE IT.... :Jumpy: The moment itself will deliver sweatpearls on your upperlip......LOL. You will see with Bazz info it will work out great. Let me know.

Cheer Job