When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rebuilding Grandfathers Watch

redwatch

What an amazing project, it looks fantastic!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks K! I just finished installing the seconds hand and re-casing it. Unfortunately, as I was quick setting the day of the week, for which you turn the crown in the same direction as you do to un-thread the crown...... I think you see where I'm going here :D Crown popped right off. Dammit! I even used thread lock on it which surprised me that it came off so easily.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking good Red!

Glad the hand fitted!

If you have further probs with the crown, try some of the glue that women use to fix their false nails with.

There are big loadings there; I have also had problems with Loctite for this, so I reverted to this nail glue on a recommendation and haven't had probs since. It is a "super glue" style, but it appears to do this job well.

O/S

Thanks K! I just finished installing the seconds hand and re-casing it. Unfortunately, as I was quick setting the day of the week, for which you turn the crown in the same direction as you do to un-thread the crown...... I think you see where I'm going here :D Crown popped right off. Dammit! I even used thread lock on it which surprised me that it came off so easily.

Looks amazing! Things will always happen that lenghten the journey...but in the end, it's completely worth it! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

• 2 weeks later...

I could probably get you a cuppla $ for that in the shop! whistling.gif J K.

Great work mate, glad it finally got over the line.

Hope Grandma is as pleased as you are.

Like it a lot, has a timeless quality, and the strap works exceptionally well.

Congrats.

O/S

Thanks O/S! Your contributions, tips, and general advice made this happen and I am truly in your debt! Thank you!!!

OMG... how did I miss this. Really nice work, and inspirering. I have a couple old and nice watches passed down to me, now I know what I could end up with (if I had your skills).

PS! long time now, but did you ever recieve the USB stick I sent back? never heard from you..