When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Old school 2893 PAM029

Mickey Padge

First and foremost, a big thanks to our resident watch guru Domi for all his patience and help with me and this watch, this piece wouldn't exist without him! B)

This is an old school, thick case backed ETA2893 based PAM029, I believe from Eddie Lee originally. I have it mounted on a beautifully soft genuine great white shark strap. I've had a finepics date wheel installed, a 6mm one piece DSN crystal, and a T48 crown. The dial and hands are superlumed too (by finepics?). The crown guard is superb, if they could still be replicated like this, all our auto PAM's would be near perfect!

Enough chat, here are some pictures, click to expand:

dsc03666w.th.jpgdsc03667ey.th.jpgdsc03668.th.jpgdsc03669z.th.jpg

dsc03672ke.th.jpgdsc03673v.th.jpgdsc03674ha.th.jpgdsc03676j.th.jpg

dsc03677s.th.jpgdsc03678zt.th.jpgdsc03679.th.jpg

dsc03669.jpg

I am so pleased with how this turned out, I don't think there is anything left to tweak or change, maybe I could give the case a nice polish, but aside from that, it's done! As I mentioned before, the crown guard is the best I have ever seen, matching the cases curvature perfectly, nice and thick too. Why there are so many aftermarket old style CG's is beyond me, we need an auto CG to be made just like this one! :p

I tried it on a genuine OEM rubber strap, but strangely because the lugs were long enough for the strap to move freely (unlike DSN's cases), it didn't sit well on my smaller wrist, whereas DSN's cases/lugs would hold the rubber strap firmly, at an angle, to produce a better fit for me. However, the shark strap is awesome, so no loss there :)

What do you guys think, yay, or nay!? :D

That is a great watch. :thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim: I believe the old school Eddie Lee's are the best around.Too bad he's gone and those are scarce as hen's teeth!! I had one of these as well as an 063 with the 2893-2 movements, sold both, and unfortunately, not very long afterward the 2893-2's became unavailable and the rest is history. The mods you did make this one as close to the genuine that you can have. And it's got the same motor as the genuine.

Thanks panerai153, these are definitely rare, I wonder how many of the 2893 old school reps were actually made? Could be a similar run to the gen! :lol:

Anyone have some pictures of their old school 29/63 with a chief cyclops or similar please? I want to see how the DSN crystal stacks up, but can't find any pictures.....

Cheers! B)

My EL 029 has S/N 100/500... modded with watchmen cyclops, finepics datewheel, jimmyfu CG, Gen Crown, The Zigmeister lumed/serviced... at the moment my last rep as I have sold off all the others... and I dont think I will ever sell it...

Sounds really sweet, care to share some pictures please? B)

I am torn between head and heart, to sell or keep :(