When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A 1655 offered by Augus

chiman12

Guys,

It seems like a trend, but whenever Josh offers a vintage, Angus follows in a few months and introduces a more accurate vintage.

New 1655 offering from Angus...

http://www.puretimewatch.com/product/rolex-2010-07-31-01/

Dial markers look closer to the edge of the rehaut, lume is a better vintage colour, AND it uses to what it looks like a slower beat 2846!

One big issue too many "T's where the Tritium level is indicated at the bottom of the dial!

Cheers!!!

I agree with you guys...but Angus strived to modify a 2846...which is a plus for Angus...there is no price...so I don't know if this is a "prototype" or not. To comment further on the bracelet, depending on the year of the vintage, it may not be folded link...

hopefully its just a prototype. The lug holes are way too high and what about the crystal height?? Looks a little extreme. I would replace the crystal with a clarks anyways so thats not an issue for me, but those lug holes are are. Hopefully he can get this ironed out because i am planning this to be my next project. As for the bracelet, the folded "looks" better but this style has more weight and feels better on the wrist.

Any suggestions on the dial from the dial masters??? At first glance it looks better than Josh's.... Hows the case thickness for a 1655?

dizz

yeah boyz....that is why I withdrew my "more accurate" comment...:bangin:

I talked to Angus a few months ago and he and I discussed that he had a 1655 coming and that we wouldn't be disappointed...after from what I seen from him on the 1665 and the 1680...guess what...I'm disappointed. It seems that the highlight of this piece is the use of a 2846....because I've never seen a 2846 modded to have the 24 hour function

yeah boyz....that is why I withdrew my "more accurate" comment...:bangin:

I talked to Angus a few months ago and he and I discussed that he had a 1655 coming and that we wouldn't be disappointed...after from what I seen from him on the 1665 and the 1680...geuss what...I'm disappointed. It seems that the highlight of this piece is the use of a 2846....because I've never seen a 2846 modded to have the 24 hour function

2846 and 2836 are very similar, i think you can transfer the 24 hr modifiations from 36 to 46 with little to no problem. It would be nice if josh would offer 46 though, it is cheaper vs 36 anywhow.

2846 and 2836 are very similar, i think you can transfer the 24 hr modifiations from 36 to 46 with little to no problem.

That is what I did for my Phase I 6542. The only problem is that, because of the differing bph of each movement, the GMT hand runs a bit fast when transplanted to the slower beat 2846. This means that, shortly after you set the watch, the 24-hour hand will become slightly inaccurate relative to the hour hand.

The first version noted has better H&M hands -correct length, not so pointy compared to the cartel model, the GMT hand is a tad short. The dial is a little better sans the extra "T". A plus is the flat top 3 silver datewheel, minuses are the lug hole placement and the Tropic 127 shaped crystal. The bezel markings look like they were painted with a cotton ball. :D Hopefully just prototype flaws!

I applaud Angus for his efforts! Look how far 1655's have come, I just wish they'd get the dial right with the indices kissing the rehaut!!!

is it really that hard to drill proper lug holes and make good crown guards?

Apparently it is... look at the last pic above.. looks like the lug hole is about 1mm from breaking through the end of the lug. Thats horrible. Angus should souce them from the factory that builds the one for Josh so he can get the folded bracelet. Unless this is a prototype, I'll have to order mine from Josh i guess. Its a way better case to start with.

dizz