When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Seamaster Chrono 300 is out!

fitipaldi

Hi, I just was checking Andrew's website and I found this amazing surprise: the new Omega Seamaster 300 Chrono with some upgrades. The most important to me it's the Omega logo in the dial.

Take a look:

black, http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_66&products_id=6697

Blue, http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_66&products_id=6696

I was checking it out earlier, and it looks pretty good. They've got the insert lined up properly w/ the bezel in the pictures. The hour hand looks like it could be a little short, but it could be the pictures. Can't quite make out if they have pins or screws in the bracelet.

The old version is more accurate and nicer, no matter what improvements they have made.

There must be a lot of them around. Just watch the member sales, they pop up every now and then.

The old version is more accurate and nicer, no matter what improvements they have made.

There must be a lot of them around. Just watch the member sales, they pop up every now and then.

Interested in this one, but since you're an authority on Omega reps i would like your honest opinion. I sense some favorism of your old beloved Seamaster Chrono in the above statement... :whistling:

Or maybe an ETA non-chrono SMP instead.

Does anyone know if the new versions suffer the same problem as the old one - ie the crown/stem thread becoming stripped?

Interested in this one, but since you're an authority on Omega reps i would like your honest opinion. I sense some favorism of your old beloved Seamaster Chrono in the above statement... :whistling:

Or maybe an ETA non-chrono SMP instead.

There is no favorism. It's a fact. The old dial is pretty much flawless. No logo issue, no OMEGA text issue, etc.

I have only 4 reps left. That's exactly the reason why I have gotten rid of at least 80 reps during the years and kept the old SMP Chrono... I have only kept best of the best.

I really don't care much about the logo and/or Omega text correctness. For me the bigger eyesore are the small chrono register hands, they're too short and have larger diameter at the base on this rep. The gen 2008 SMP300 comes with larger subdials and longer subdial hands to compensate for the fact. It appears the rep maker used the older short-style SMP300 hands on this model.

For me, this is a no-go unless they fix the hands, or I manage to source the gen ones. Oh and that bezel pearl, sadly, they just can't get that one right :(