When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I just got back from Bali (replicas)

Celtic

And I must say, their replica prices are much lower than the prices you get from Asia here.

They have chain stores all over that sell chrome plated heavy replicas for like $45 and the kiosks in the mall also sell stainless steel replicas in the $65 - $85 range. I bought 3 Breitlings and all 3 are simply beautiful, I paid $205 for all 3 of them. The highest quality replicas they sell (swiss movement they claim) are in the $250 dollar range (everything there is negotiable, tag price is generally double what you can negotiate to)

Unfortunately, I don't think they ship (I have one guy's email and he hasn't emailed me back yet). I can upload pix is anyone is interested. the mall that had the good replicas is called Discovery Mall in Kuta.

I'm not much of a Breitling fan, but I like the 2nd watch :victory:

That's a BCE but I am afraid not a very good replication. For $85 I suppose it's pretty good for testing out the model but there are much better available from our trusted dealers, although at a cost. Interesting to see what else is out there in any case.

thanks - that's mine. It looks better in person.

I can't comment on how well it's replicated, but 'as a watch', I think it looks great :)

That's a BCE but I am afraid not a very good replication. For $85 I suppose it's pretty good for testing out the model but there are much better available from our trusted dealers, although at a cost. Interesting to see what else is out there in any case.

It's fun to see what's on markets abroad, as they often have some interesting fantasy models :) Not always to everyone's taste, but always interesting to see :)

I think you can get the same "quality" in Canal St. for similar prices. I would'nt go to Bali for these watches. You can't compare to the watches the dealers in this forum are selling.

No way. I've only seen crap on Canal Street. Usually way lighter and obviously flimsy. the majority of replicas are chrome, these are stainless steel.

I don't claim to be an expert, but I've had replicas before, and these are the nicest I've had. Bali has 4 types of watches; cheap, Canal Street like ones, heavy chrome ones sold in retain chains, stainless steel ones (what I got) and they had what they claimed were swiss movement.

I honestly think people assume you need to spend a few hundred for something nice so they are discounting these based on what I've paid. I've paid more in the past and gotten much less.

No way. I've only seen crap on Canal Street. Usually way lighter and obviously flimsy. the majority of replicas are chrome, these are stainless steel.

I don't claim to be an expert, but I've had replicas before, and these are the nicest I've had. Bali has 4 types of watches; cheap, Canal Street like ones, heavy chrome ones sold in retain chains, stainless steel ones (what I got) and they had what they claimed were swiss movement.

I honestly think people assume you need to spend a few hundred for something nice so they are discounting these based on what I've paid. I've paid more in the past and gotten much less.

You're not wrong there. I've purchassed many budget watches in the past few years, and I've always found their quality to be more than satisfactory :good:

My first experience with reps was at bali. While they're super innacurate. One of them still works and looks good nearly 15 years later!

The stores don't sell stainless steel reps - I went in everyone I saw. They look nice and they only cost $45, but those are the chrome types of watches that leave your wrist black after a few months.

The stores don't sell stainless steel reps - I went in everyone I saw. They look nice and they only cost $45, but those are the chrome types of watches that leave your wrist black after a few months.

i didn't mean all of them, i meant mine only ;) so... "while *mine* are super innacurate..."

;)

The closer you get to the point of manufacture the cheaper an item gets.

The problem with Bali reps of course is they do tend to be inaccurate and thats even before you find out what's inside.

But please people lets not call these cheap reps as celtic needs to add the cost of the plane ticket and accommodation etc etc to the prices.

Simply if you go to these places for a holiday or work you can reward yourself with some cheap reps but there are very many of us who don't.

Ken

• 6 months later...

I forget the name of the store, but it locate in Kuta. I think the name is Bagus Watch or something. I dont know if it still there or not,

Here what i found on google : Bagus Watch, Jl. Raya Pantai Kuta 36B, Bali. ph: 767746.

But i think the price is expensive, just stick to the dealer in here.

Im in Jakarta,, You should go here if you wannna buy watches,, There is place similiar like MBK in here,, even Some item you can have lower prices.

From what i see that isnt the best replica. You can have less price in here :whistling:

Good luck sir, waiting for your next report :drinks:

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from Bali. The watches under 100USD are quartz movement. The automatic chrono's dont have functioning sub dials. There is a kiosk in the Discovery shopping centre that sells what they call swiss movement, but uses the Asian 7750 movement. I looked at the Tag Link Chrono with A7750 movement it had a ticket price of 400USD and barted it down to 200USD they offer a two year warranty. The range of A7750 watches was very limited. If anyone finds other stores please post as I loved Bali and I am going back later this year.

Hey Duduto

Yes my wife bought a quartz watch from Bagus. Really nice shop but no longer sell automatics with working chrono's.

Hey Dave123

One of my Australian clients put me onto the this particular kiosk (there is a heap of different ones in the discovery alone). He bought a Tag Aquaracer with working chrono's for 240USD and returned it 9 months after he bought it as one of the sub dials stopped reseting. They replaced it with a new watch. As far as the A7750 movement goes on the watch I bought, I cant confirm what movement it is but its automatic and all the chrono dials work as they should (the cheaper versions dont). I have previously bought one from josh which I sold. The new one I bought has a brushed bezel and has the same weight, feel and look. Keep on shooting from the hip mate.