When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Project X 16610

redwatch

Found this today while browsing Perfect Clones. A new Project X Designs Rolex 16610. Nice maxi dial. No cyclops. No CG's. Looks pretty good in my opinion. Caseback looks a little off, but the X logo on the dial looks nice.

You can find it here

Interesting to note: hard to tell, but it looks as though the rehaut engraving actually lines up! :D

The watch looks OK, but I don't see how it could be a Swiss eta- they engrave the plates, color the gears- this one doesn't have the typical 3135 balance bridge, but it sure seems like a clone to me and then you get to pay the premium price for it.

I prefer swiss, but I could care less about the engravings and colored gears- just give me a clone and charge me $80 less.

Agreed Alligoat. I really don't get the reasoning behind the 2836/3135 copy. Why even bother to make a 2836 look like a Rolex Movement? There's no way its a real ETA movement. Seems like a lot of extra work for no good reason.

I mentioned this in another post. I am convinced the 3135 clones are for total scammers looking to fool your average Pawn Shop, Craigslist and possibly eBay (Buy It Now) buyers. I am not a fan.

I agree charge less and stick with Gen ETA, ETA 28x Clones or 21Js.

I mentioned this in another post. I am convinced the 3135 clones are for total scammers looking to fool your average Pawn Shop, Craigslist and possibly eBay (Buy It Now) buyers. I am not a fan.

I agree charge less and stick with Gen ETA, ETA 28x Clones or 21Js.

surely know one actually would ever fall for that being a gen 3135? it dont look remotely close to the gen. i'd stick to gen eta too

surely know one actually would ever fall for that being a gen 3135? it dont look remotely close to the gen. i'd stick to gen eta too

You would be surprised. Whenever there is a significant design change that is different from the old norm it does present opportunity. Back in the day when Rolex reps were quartz it was obvious. I am sure there were many a sucker who were fooled by the first sweeping reps. Then came hologram stickers, etched crowns and engraved rehauts, again, if the buyer did not have a tool to open the back, they could be fooled.

Fast forward to these 3135, anyone looking to buy these days wants a movement shot. To the lesser or slightly-informed who simply know an all silver or all gold movement is a fake, seeing colored gears and engraved rotors MIGHT let their defenses down long enough to be fooled.

Think about it, we are WIS's. Even looking back to the "Pawn Stars" episode where he was talking about "Rep Technology" from 5+ years ago.

You would be surprised. Whenever there is a significant design change that is different from the old norm it does present opportunity. Back in the day when Rolex reps were quartz it was obvious. I am sure there were many a sucker who were fooled by the first sweeping reps. Then came hologram stickers, etched crowns and engraved rehauts, again, if the buyer did not have a tool to open the back, they could be fooled.

Fast forward to these 3135, anyone looking to buy these days wants a movement shot. To the lesser or slightly-informed who simply know an all silver or all gold movement is a fake, seeing colored gears and engraved rotors MIGHT let their defenses down long enough to be fooled.

Think about it, we are WIS's. Even looking back to the "Pawn Stars" episode where he was talking about "Rep Technology" from 5+ years ago.

yeah your right, i would like to see one of these movements up close and in person just to see if they are any good, but i dont think i can live with my self paying all that money for it.