When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Project 1665

ubiquitous

Well, I guess I'm at somewhat of a crossroads with this project. I've been sitting on these parts for close to a year now... I've had several opportunities to finish it, but somehow I always end up finding somethng else to do instead (i.e. my motivation for this project has virtually been non-existant). I can finish it up... But since I already have a dive Rolex with He Valve, I feel as though a 1665 is... Redundant?

I dunno... Maybe it's time to just finish it up. Or... Maybe I'll contemplate it just a bit further while I work on something else in the meantime...

No idea why I've been dragging my feet. Perhaps it's because the initiation of the project began with the dial finding me, instead of vice versa...

//ubi

Is having more than one watch that tells time redundant? Wearing two watches on the same wrist to charge up the PR redundant? Our addiction allows us to appreciate the nuances of each piece. So in other words, DONT ABANDON SHIP! :victory:

I've always loved the sea-dweller line and would love to see yours finished. give nanuq a run for the money!

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That, sir, is Ubilicious.

Isn't it remarkable how much bigger a "31" is than a "30" in the wonderfully wierd world of Rolex?

Let me know if you need a Superdome 39.

Speaking of Rolex big and small sizes(no pun please) Does anyone have a triplock, AKA 5 gasket tube tap they can sell or lend me? I missed my buy one the one Jdavis was selling due to my bad copy paste. I need to tap a daytona case and a 5512 project case.

Many thanks in advance.

E

Ubi, have we a case for this project yet?

Not yet... I have to order it up still. I'll try to get around to it shortly, though I am told that my source is out of town for a few weeks...

So far... Here's what I've got:

IMG_6840.jpg

IMG_9241.jpg

IMG_9243.jpg

IMG_9254.jpg

IMG_9264.jpg

IMG_9260.jpg

IMG_9268.jpg

IMG_9270.jpg

IMG_9950.jpg

IMG_9952.jpg

And while digging through my parts boxes, I found a baggie of 702 crowns and tubes I forgot about (I think I have another somewhere with a few more tucked away).

IMG_6860.jpg

IMG_6864.jpg

So, I'll probably just use one of these instead of cracking open those sealed 703s...

Ubi, if and when you decide that you have too many of those 700 crowns and tubes please let me know. I have a gen 703 crown and tube that I wanted To use in a sub build but now I find myself wanting to go to a 700 for a more vintage look. Then there's the 6263....

Awesome parts. This project will be something. Keep sharing. E

It makes a guy wanna be Ubi's next door neighbor. "Hey man I'll mow your lawn for another 702 crown."

Of course it would get old, all the maniacal laughter from the basement on dark and stormy nights.

young_frankenstein1.jpg

young-frankenstein-1974.jpg

Young-Frankenstein-007.jpg

9820248_gal.jpg

young-frankenstein-peter-boyle.jpg

"And THAT my friends is how a Rolex is made."

Young_Frankenstein(030211150100)young_frankenstein_1974.jpg

Thanks all for the kind words :)

I have to say- Just a few days ago, I was feeling somewhat uninspired on this one. I think all I needed was to procure a couple of new parts to spark some motivation on my part. Now to just keep that momentum going...

As far as 702's go... Let me see what I end up with for crowns/tubes. I like to keep some as spares, and I've commited a few to friends already. But if I have some left, I'll let you guys know :)

@Ubi:

Please do. Always willing to trade if possible.

@Nanuq:

Dude, you are not joking. Though, I am sure the lawn would stop growing from mowing it so often.

BTW, got the rivet parts. YOU ROCK!!! I put the bracelet together. Looks like a mongo bastid, but works and looks "aged" I cannot thank you enough.

E