When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

45mm Planet Ocean

bullseye

Howdy, been browsing the forum for a couple months, big thanks for such a great source of info. A very small bit on the 45mm Planet Ocean:

First off, watch purchased from Joshua, what excellent service and honest communication. Ordered on Wednesday afternoon, shipping confirmation email on Thursday morning, arrived in Arizona US on Tuesday – 5 day ship, very impressed.

The watch is a beauty, very high quality. It’s slightly off from gen in couple areas, but you have to know to know, and I really enjoy it for what it is (even more because it cost one tenth). Movement is fantastic, currently running +8 seconds a day, I’ve had genuine’s less accurate. I hope the photos say it…

post-2813-1159109235_thumb.jpgpost-2813-1159109253_thumb.jpgpost-2813-1159109270_thumb.jpgpost-2813-1159109282_thumb.jpg

Next up, Breitling or IWC, I like it.

There's plenty wrong with it, but the design isn't 'fantasy' as this is the one with the correct case dimensions and lug size for the 22mm strap. Details are incorrect such as the caseback depth, the date font and the size of the hands but this is still an acceptable replica.

Edited by r11co

Why thank you, I'm really diggn' it. Sorry about the pics, they don't do it justice, I shrunk them to fit and they turned grainy.

Uhrenfreund25, you could be a master baiter, so I'll bite. Yes I knew I was not buying a 100%. Yes, I quite like wearing it, and no I would not consider it "fantasy".

r11co is correct, 22mm lug width, good eye. I'm actually liking it more and more.

Those POs are driving us crazy....especially the 45mm ones...still I give credit to this new guy for choosing the all black PO :)

I also like the "you gota know to know" :bangin:

g. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

received today my omega planet ocean 45,5 mm black steel bracelet from PT (goldcolor eta 2836-2 version)

and the watch is total [censored]... i can´t understand why all people loves this watch?

i will ask you why i not like it:

- looks cheap steel

- steel is bad brushed and have some blemish on back side

- watch is to thin (i think genuine is little bit thicker???)

- bracelet is total [censored]... first day is demaged. I must repair the stem on buckle. Wrong size 20mm not 22mm. I have other bracelet in 22mm and this looks MUCH BETTER QUALITY but will not fit :thumbdown:

- hands to thin

- movement holder ring is cheap, gasket also and what is that for a cheap antimgnetic cover???? On pics look so good, but in real it is :thumbdown:

i have wait 3 month!!!!! for this watch. YES 3 MONTH. PT has not on stock and first watch comes in 42,5mm (looks better than 45,5 mm Version) but i have order 45,5mm. So i have refund watch and wait and wait and wait :whistling:

BTW, i think the problem is not on PT. He is a good dealer. He not build this watches, and i think all watches from all dealers are the same.

friends... let me know why you like this watch so much?

Seems like you love the word [censored]....

So I have to give it back to you at least for one of your statements:

i think all watches from all dealers are the same.

That's [censored] and I guess you know that too.

If you received a 45mm PO with 20mm lugs then you got an earlier version.

The one shown on top of this thread is definitely the latest offered by our dealers.

It has correct 22mm bracelet, better bezel and correct engravings on the clasp.

But as already mentioned even this one still has some major flaws.

Maybe we have to wait for the next one.

Sorry for you that you didn't receive what you've expected.

I hope at least the price was ok?

@'tourbillon1801'

The watch you received isn't the same model as this one, as has already been said.

I am currently 'in waiting' for a 22mm rep rubber strap to appear that will fit this case. Then I will be ordering the case/strap combination 'sans' movement and dial and transplanting the internals of my 45mm Asian PO.

Seems like you love the word [censored]....

So I have to give it back to you at least for one of your statements:

That's [censored] and I guess you know that too.

If you received a 45mm PO with 20mm lugs then you got an earlier version.

The one shown on top of this thread is definitely the latest offered by our dealers.

It has correct 22mm bracelet, better bezel and correct engravings on the clasp.

But as already mentioned even this one still has some major flaws.

Maybe we have to wait for the next one.

Sorry for you that you didn't receive what you've expected.

I hope at least the price was ok?

you think 130GBP is ok for this bad watch? :bangin:

@'tourbillon1801'

The watch you received isn't the same model as this one, as has already been said.

I am currently 'in waiting' for a 22mm rep rubber strap to appear that will fit this case. Then I will be ordering the case/strap combination 'sans' movement and dial and transplanting the internals of my 45mm Asian PO.

Craig's watch in CR is a PO 45mm (i guess the size) black with black rubber, but with orange numbers or not ???

Hey tourbillon1801

I know you are disappointed, but why not give the watch a chance? I've been in the same boat, and at some point decided to be so critical of what was on my wrist. I'll bet your PO looks outstanding and will draw nothing but compliments when you wear it.

Don't let it bum you out too much my friend, its only a watch. Hopefully your experience will help someone like myself, who is longing to own one of the beauties, when the time comes to buy!

Cheers mate!

Hey tourbillon1801

I know you are disappointed, but why not give the watch a chance? I've been in the same boat, and at some point decided to be so critical of what was on my wrist. I'll bet your PO looks outstanding and will draw nothing but compliments when you wear it.

Don't let it bum you out too much my friend, its only a watch. Hopefully your experience will help someone like myself, who is longing to own one of the beauties, when the time comes to buy!

Cheers mate!

problematic is also that the watch is to thin... i worn the genuine on my wrist for some minutes. And also the 42.5mm replica version... both are thicker... a 45.5mm watch with so thin case?

I DON`T LIKE IT :yuk:

problematic is also that the watch is to thin... i worn the genuine on my wrist for some minutes. And also the 42.5mm replica version... both are thicker... a 45.5mm watch with so thin case?

I DON`T LIKE IT :yuk:

Sorry dude, wish I could make you feel better about it. I really hope your next purchase works out better for you!

Sorry dude, wish I could make you feel better about it. I really hope your next purchase works out better for you!

i think PT has sells me the bad version (old model but same BIG price)... if i have the 22mm lugs version with thicker case.. that was fine :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by tourbillon1801

i think PT has sells me the bad version (old model but same BIG price)... if i have the 22mm lugs version with thicker case.. that was fine :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thats what I'll look for, but I'm really not overly picky. Cash is short right now so it'll be a while anyway. They'll probably have it right by the time I can afford one LOL!