When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai related tattoo

Dani

Hi all,

Been thinking of getting this on my ankle

146843144221780.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Not exatly like this, will do my own twist on some things..Maybe just the skull.

But is their some ethical things I should worry about whit this? Since the Italians did fight whit the Nazis not against them during WW2.

I really cant have anything else like the OP logo, but I really enjoy the look of this logo and the military history, but seems to be little un ethical and/or stupid to get for an average guy?

What you guys think?

Thanks.

D

I would step back and think about it. It does have some Nazi or at least fascist implications. Not to be a downer.

+1

While the products from the workshop of Guido Panerai and sons from that era are considered cool today, what Decima Flottiglia MAS represent, isn't.

Then again, it's your ankle mate after all, not mine... B)

I agree whit W and the others, bad history behind it Ill leave it, dont want to get killed or some [censored] due to a tattoo ^_^

To bad that its history is shameful in many eyes, as the group did only their duty, just as the US NavySeals does their duty and that is looked upon bad by a lot of people to..

Either way its not a good idea as a tattoo when I think about it..

I wouldnt normally agree with some of the comments above as many military units have some history that is better off forgotten. But the fact that this particular unit refused the Armistice in 1943 and continued fighting for fascism plus when you consider how and by whom they were formed and the fact that their history is still glorified by current fascist elements it would IMHO attract the same attention and perceptions as tattooing the SS emblem on your body except not as easily recognised.

The only person I would expect to see wearing that Tat would be someone who shares or wants to respect and support that political view with which that emblem is associated.

Surely there are better less political military emblems that could offer the same look you are seeking especially if you want to add your own twist to it :)

Dani, this is from Wikipedia, from the link member 'Gert-Jan' posted here. Decide for yourself, but imo, the badge and parts of the badge are a symbol of DC MAS. And thus for their beliefs and ideology in those days...

Ideology

The main themes in the X

I have a totenkopf on my chest from my early days as a football hooligan and at a time when growing up in London generally meant that you needed to belong to a gang to be able to walk the streets safely. I still support my football team, but don't feel the need to express my loyalty through violence anymore.

I must admit that there is a sense of regret at the connotations with which it is irrevocably linked, especially now that I am married have children and certainly middle aged. Although I don't go so far as to hide it or cover it up. It is a part of me and of my own personal history. The regret that I have is that my family may be exposed to the view that they have racist or extreme right wing views.

So you will not only need to consider yourself at the time of having a tatoo like this, you will need to consider the future and what the impact may be on your family.

I must admit however, that whenever I have visited Argentina, I seem to attract quite a lot of attention from elderly caucasion gentlemen that have a desire to shake my hand!!

Chelsea for ever..

Been a fan since I first begin watching football.

Big respect.

Dani, this is from Wikipedia, from the link member 'Gert-Jan' posted here. Decide for yourself, but imo, the badge and parts of the badge are a symbol of DC MAS. And thus for their beliefs and ideology in those days...

Ideology

The main themes in the X