When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The history of my fully modded Breiting Navitimer Serie Speciale

NaviChief

This watch started life as the original run of the black faced slow beat A7750 Serie Speciale. It was featured on RWI in a tutorial by Bignasty as he installed a Swiss ETA 7750 in it. Here is the link way back from 2006! Too bad the pics are gone.

http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/special-movt-for-my-serie-2526.html?t=2526&highlight=navitimer

The watch was traded to geopatr69 who later sold it to me for the biggest watch purchase of my life to that point. It arrived just a day or two before Christmas 2006.

pa300013gz7.jpg

4191539_ac8bb5c0f1_o.jpg

I wore it as is for a couple years before deciding to change it up. I bought the beautiful blue dial from sixbennets and switched over a rep Breitling engraved rotor from a Navi TT I briefly owned. Also the crystal was sent off to Chieftang for double AR and the best $50 I've could spend on it.

2489423579_2dd8aed429_z.jpg

Chieftang AR on the left, regular Navi AR on the right (my original older crystal had no AR at all)

2489423573_6ab8173f55_z.jpg

3436667022_49c0ae42f4_o.jpg

3397131176_5f087658c8_o.jpg

3261673714_329a8c8e48_o.jpg

Thanks to pokerpot for the last piece of this puzzle (for now, never say never). With the addition of the Breitling font datewheel, I consider this project done. I could brush the case, but honestly I love the polished look too much. I've also considered a gen dial and rep "plain" caseback, but $125 for the dial is too much. This is and likely shall remain, my favorite watch.

5003206380_bd53b54541_b.jpg

5002599251_f01ce9362a_b.jpg

5002599033_564282c259_b.jpg

5003205484_8edab894dd_b.jpg

I have the same watch on its way back from Vac, after having the Breitling font DW installed. I hope it looks as good as yours!

Which caseback did you want to put onto it? Yours has the Serie Speciale "fighters" caseback and you want the regular one with the temperature scales on the back? If so, I might be up for a trade...

Very nice! Thanks for sharing!

After two years of wearing, did the bezel get loose? I'm asking this because I just recently acquired one.

Your watch looks great, how did you or the original guy fix the sunken dw issue? As for me, will install a gen dial fix this problem? Thanks!

Thanks everyone for the comments. The bezel has not gotten loose in the slightest. There never was a sunken datewheel issue with the serie speciale that I am aware of. The movements are basically identical. Maybe more pictures of your problem would help us figure it out?

After two years of wearing, did the bezel get loose? I'm asking this because I just recently acquired one.

Your watch looks great, how did you or the original guy fix the sunken dw issue? As for me, will install a gen dial fix this problem? Thanks!

Thanks everyone for the comments. The bezel has not gotten loose in the slightest. There never was a sunken datewheel issue with the serie speciale that I am aware of. The movements are basically identical. Maybe more pictures of your problem would help us figure it out?

Edited by NaviChief

As far as i know there Isn't a sdw issue with the dates @3 :g:That Is one beautiful nav :wub:

Thank you NaviChief! Here is mine. As you can see, the dw is sunken.

659ad7ed.jpg