When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ordering Planet Ocean... 45.5 or 42mm?

sebastianbf

Hello guys

I'm planning on ordering a Planet Ocean from Narikaa (first rep!) but I really don't know which model will fit me better. My wrist is 6.8 inches (17.5 centimeters) and I can't find a shop in town to try them both. So... please I need your help here. A pic of the PO on your wrist with your wrist size would be awesome or just tell me your wrist size and model and how the watch feels. I plan to buy it with the rubber and the ss bracelet.

thanks in advance for your time

Sebastian

I have had both the 42mm and 45mm. I like bigger watches so the 45mm Is the one I like best. If you do decide to get the 45mm keep In mind that It Is a heavy watch,more so on the ss bracelet. If you are thinking of making this a everyday watch then the 42mm might serve you best,good luck :drinks:

Many people seem to think that the size and weight of the 42mm version is "perfect", but of course if you like a larger watch the 45mm is the way to go. I own both .. don't let the 3mm difference fool you. The 45mm watch wears LARGER than you would expect, for only a 3mm difference.

For the price Narikaa charges, get one of each :thumbsupsmileyanim:

For the price Narikaa charges, get one of each :thumbsupsmileyanim:

+1 here

At this price, go with both of them, it will be the best "test drive" you can get, and if you REALLY like the 45mm over the 42mm, sell both of them and go with the ultimate 45mm rep, or just keep the POrikaa one, for THAT price, impossible to beat the price/quality ratio. The case is very well build, impressive quality.

Edited by magagne

Thanks for the responses guys. I think I'll go with the 42mm version. I'm a little concerned about the size of the asian PO 42mm Narikaa is selling though. I saw a post where someone said that compared to the same watch from Sead, Narikaa's looked bigger (he shared some pics). Anyone here got the one I'm going to get from Narikaa? Any wrist shots?

Thanks!

Sebastian

Look at the top of the watches .. the 42mm is the POrikaa from ... Narikaa!

Like I said earlier: altho the UPO is "only" 3mm larger than a 42mm Planet Ocean, it wears L A R G E R ... :o

Now I see the tinny letters! I was using my phone at the time I saw the pic for the first time.

Thanks again for the pic Jkay. I'll go for the 42mm PO, definitely. Is that the asian version from Narikaa right?

Yah, the POrikaa's are all A21j (asian 21j). My 42mm POrikka is the perfect size watch. 42mm on my 7" wrist feels excellent.

The 42mm is like JKay said a "perfect" fit for most. The 45.5 is a BIG watch, you may not like it. You made an excellent choice.

Here's a few of mine, to keep you not so patiently waiting for your POrikka.

IMG_1249.jpg

SDC12391.jpg

SDC12339.jpg

SDC12324.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yah, the POrikaa's are all A21j (asian 21j). My 42mm POrikka is the perfect size watch. 42mm on my 7" wrist feels excellent.

The 42mm is like JKay said a "perfect" fit for most. The 45.5 is a BIG watch, you may not like it. You made an excellent choice.

Here's a few of mine, to keep you not so patiently waiting for your POrikka.

SDC12391.jpg

SDC12339.jpg

Nice choice on the Springfield single stack 1911. I'm looking at a PO or Para Ordinance GI Expert as my next fun purchase. Decisions Decisions....

I'm in the same boat as the OP. I have a 17mm wrist, and love my 42mm Navitimer. (rep)

I'm considering a PO purchase, and am wondering if I should go with the 42mm 4th gen, or the UPO at 45.5? Please advise.

I received my 42mm from Narikaa like a month ago (maybe more). My wrist is 17.5mm and the 42mm PO looks perfect. I think that the 45mm would be too big for your wrist. I'd say go for the 42mm, feels incredible with the rubber strap.

I have always been a fan of the 45,5. But after I had a inspection of my stomach a at the hospital they damaged the sphincter muscle. Then I have lost 20+ of kg weight.... Now I feel it is to large... Now my wrist is 7,8.

Anyway there turn into an AD and give both a try! The 45 is more flashy... and that is cool...

8-)

The 45.5mm is a BIG watch, but I love the look of it on my wrist. I've got 6.75in wrists (17.1cm). I like the way it fits, although the pictures make it look bigger than it actually sits on my wrist.

The 45.5mm is a BIG watch, but I love the look of it on my wrist. I've got 6.75in wrists (17.1cm). I like the way it fits, although the pictures make it look bigger than it actually sits on my wrist.

IMG_3573.jpg