When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai and its history...

Defender110

when i was a teenager i like to make diorama stimulating war scene, but that didn't change my attitude towards war which i hate. Instead, with the hobby i learnt a lot about the WWII history, via research of information normally not taught in school or found in textbooks, and made myself more aware of what actually had happened. Human being need the history... but how to use it is up to the individual (some want to fulfill their curiosity, some reflect & learn, some ignore & repeat...). Of course i like Panerai not just because of its rich history, although it does add some bonus. The main reason being Panerai appears to stick to their design principle, as expressed in their simple design & classic look which seems never compromise with any world trend (although a bit disppointed with a recent model with a Chinese character @6).

O and do not forget that if you use something based on IBM technology or even vorse something made by them you are supporting a company that during ww2 supplied Nazi Germany with the latest technology !

i don't know if this is a argument to use Mac ?

I dont think so..... I heard the Nazis use to eat apples during the war..!! ;):D

• 6 months later...

Generalize much? You won't happen to be one of those folks that think The Holocaust was just another unfortunate POW/Collateral damage byproduct of the war? I'm sure there are rotten bastards in every army, but in the main - yes there is an enourmous difference between the armies of the world and armies of Nazis and Fascists. May possibly have something to do with the whole supreme Aryan race thing but who knows.

Permabull,

Please help me understand why you think this is the wrong forum for this type of discussion:

a) Is it because the topic is posted in the corresponding watch brand subsection of the forum and deals with history of the said brand?

b ) Is it because the marketing strategy of the said brand leans heavily on its historic identity and horological heritage with multiple vintage model reissues?

c) Is it because many loyal vintage Panerai apologists lack the knowledge and perspective on their beloved brand's inconvenient history withheld from readily available and promotional material?

d) Is it because the discussion is by and large on topic, factual and doesn't stray from the scope?

Or is there something else that's making you uncomfortable, please share with the crew.