When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

That is a good one!

jmarin.72

Interesting story!

I can understand a dial swap for a used Rolex or any brand, but to be given a new watch like that smacks of the AD being a bit of a naughty boy!!

I am surprised at the way they all discuss this as quite common with Rolex on the whole.

The OP is very timid about the service he has been given.... feeling sorry for the AD after he gets not only a modified 'new' watch but to add insult to insult its an incorrect modification!!!

Thanks for sharing mate :)

My ETz have moved into the AD business ;)

@Nico - but yours doesnt have any lume does it?? Whereas this guy had a lumed dial but no lumed hands.

I think that's a disgrace. An AD modifying a watch! Outrageous. Especially knowing how touchy rolex are about people messing about with their prized products.

Assuming of course that the AD mod the watch...the most scary senario would be that this watch came directly from big mama Rolex!!!

Now that would be a disgrace :bangin:

Another senario would be that the had been swapped with the rep at a time when the AD had his eyes somewhere else, but i guess that

could be easily checked with the s/n.I wouldn't reject that senario though :pardon:

Interesting story!

I can understand a dial swap for a used Rolex or any brand, but to be given a new watch like that smacks of the AD being a bit of a naughty boy!!

I am surprised at the way they all discuss this as quite common with Rolex on the whole.

The OP is very timid about the service he has been given.... feeling sorry for the AD after he gets not only a modified 'new' watch but to add insult to insult its an incorrect modification!!!

Thanks for sharing mate :)

My ETz have moved into the AD business ;)

@Nico - but yours doesnt have any lume does it?? Whereas this guy had a lumed dial but no lumed hands.

Ditto :drinks:

I'm disappointed that my new car's dashboard lights don't work, but the salesman at the dealership was ever so good to me, and he let me buy rustproofing for 30% off the usual rate! He probably made an honest mistake, and I'd hate for him to lose his job over this. Were his boss to even lightly reprimand him, I don't think I'd be able to live with myself.

I don't want to cause any trouble for anyone, but now I'm so afraid to drive at night! Why must I be tested by these impossible circumstances? Oh, woe is me!

I feel sorry for the guy that he got sold an unacceptably modified watch, but he really needs to suck it up, grow a pair, and have a word with the AD about getting a full refund. If one watch came through the shop in a modified manner, who's to say that others won't be similarly 'modified'... That AD would have lost all credibility as far as I'm concerned. The OP should be taking his business elsewhere for sure, and if he's concerned about the cost of the trips, maybe he shouldn't be buying such an expensive watch :whistling: (I know, I know, it's the principle, he shouldn't have to pay out. We shouldn't have to pay out to send reps back to our dealers, but that's the way of the world...)

I'm disappointed that my new car's dashboard lights don't work, but the salesman at the dealership was ever so good to me, and he let me buy rustproofing for 30% off the usual rate! He probably made an honest mistake, and I'd hate for him to lose his job over this. Were his boss to even lightly reprimand him, I don't think I'd be able to live with myself.

I don't want to cause any trouble for anyone, but now I'm so afraid to drive at night! Why must I be tested by these impossible circumstances? Oh, woe is me!

Sorry to hear that mate.....Have you thought of using a torch ?? :p

+1

just mad not being at the door of thhe AD the next morning, or on the phone to the AD saying he had better pick up the watch and explain what happened and promiss to sort it before the next email leaves you computer.