When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Movement review - Asian 7753 - the newest chrono

RWG Technical

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A common complaint among new people here is against the suggestion that the more complex movements need a complete service upon arrival. I hope your efforts go a long way towards explaining to them in irrefutable terms as to WHY that is.

Thanks for your irreplaceable contributions, Rob.

ttyl

JK

Thank you everyone for the wonderful feedback and comments. You confirmed the reasons why RWG is a great community and reminded me of why I put the hours into creating these reviews - your kind words made my day, thank you again I appreciate it.

@andy

Hold onto my beer, I will take you up on that offer...

@rytrilius

Your idea has merit, they can print the dates anywhere they like on the datewheel, so yes, they could print the dates in the same location as the ETA 7753. You raise another point, if ideed they made the datewheel so wide to allow it to be used on various models, why not simply print the dates in the exact same location as the ETA 7753?

More questions than answers...

Thanks R for another great review. :victory:

BTW, have you tried comparing the inner diameter of that A7753 DW with the 7750 DW example? To me it appears that while the outer edge of the A7753 DW is the same as ETA7753 DW, the inner one could well be within specs of the smaller diameter of the 7750 DW, or not?

Also it appears the teeth on these A7753 DWs are aligned with the middle of the printed numerals like on the 7750 DWs and unlike 7753 DWs where the teeth 'sit' between the numbers...what do you think...a 'swaparoo' with the aftermarket 7750 DW with slightly bolder print is possible or not? :g:

Thanks R for another great review. :victory:

BTW, have you tried comparing the inner diameter of that A7753 DW with the 7750 DW example? To me it appears that while the outer edge of the A7753 DW is the same as ETA7753 DW, the inner one could well be within specs of the smaller diameter of the 7750 DW, or not?

Also it appears the teeth on these A7753 DWs are aligned with the middle of the printed numerals like on the 7750 DWs and unlike 7753 DWs where the teeth 'sit' between the numbers...what do you think...a 'swaparoo' with the aftermarket 7750 DW with slightly bolder print is possible or not? :g:

I did not try a 7750 DW for fitment, the inner diameter delta between the ETA7753 and ETA7750 is 0.82mm, the 7750 being smaller. The A7753 DW is way off from the ETA, check out this pic from the original post...

The watch is fully assembled and being monitored, testing of a 7750 DW is going to have to wait until another shows up in the shop...

You could be onto something, maybe a 7750 DW fits...

ETA on top, Asian on the bottom.

10.jpg

I did not try a 7750 DW for fitment, the inner diameter delta between the ETA7753 and ETA7750 is 0.82mm, the 7750 being smaller. The A7753 DW is way off from the ETA, check out this pic from the original post...

The watch is fully assembled and being monitored, testing of a 7750 DW is going to have to wait until another shows up in the shop...

You could be onto something, maybe a 7750 DW fits...

ETA on top, Asian on the bottom.

Thanks mate :)

Thank You Rob

Interesting on a side note that the Crown clearly appears to be sprinloaded. I thought mine was but I didn't know for sure

It may end up being that these superb case sets recive a number of genuine eta 7753 transplants

Great review! Thanks for the time and effort.

This reminds me of the "good old days" when I was reading all the watch movement reviews from Z. for the first time. :)

Scary to see how dirty the movements are from the factory, but good to know that they can be decent performers when serviced.

kudos for takin the time to write, assemble, photograph and log this entire article! most here will surely appreciate this article and refer back to it for many years, and the WIS and mechanical gear heads like me just love reading and REREADING these articles for the technical mumbo jumbo weather or not we personally dive into our movemments.

Cheers :drinks:

Zig,

Many thanks for all the time and experience/expertise that you give to our community.

I marvel at the thought and focus that each and every one of your movement reviews represents. Makes me all the more appreciative of the work that you've done for me and so many others here.

Many thanks,