When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this a genuine Rolex and how much worth is that nice Vintage GMT Timepiece

BuyersRemorse

Hello,

I would like to buy a new Vintage Timepiece.

I have found this GMT without Papers but with box.

The guy says its from 1970 and has not a Printed Crown, it has a "Put-On" Crown. Whatever that means?

How much worth - if gen - would that watch be on the market? If I get that beater I will write a long review here in the gen section.

Here we go: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230532661648&_trksid=p2759.l1259

Thanks for reading guys

bracelet is fake - already too expensive IMHO ...

cheers,

Frank

So how much would you personally pay for a Rolex GMT 1675 in Gold/SS rom 1970 without a bracelet?

I have searched the net and have found prices from 3800-5000$. And this dial has a "put on" crown, not a printed which might be pretty rare.

I am really thinking about pulling the trigger but I also think about your words that its already too expensive.

So how much would you personally pay for a Rolex GMT 1675 in Gold/SS rom 1970 without a bracelet?

I have searched the net and have found prices from 3800-5000$. And this dial has a "put on" crown, not a printed which might be pretty rare.

I am really thinking about pulling the trigger but I also think about your words that its already too expensive.

the nipples are just not so popular (in the watch world ;) )

i prefer SS - so i would not pay too much :)

putting a fake bracelet on a gen watch is always a bad sign 4 me ...

Yes I agree that its bordering too expensive.

$3000usa and who knows what you are getting. You can get a 18kt gold day-date head for $3000 and throw a fake bracelet on it also. I assume that nipple dial is from an all gold GMT and has been swapped in there. Just knowing that the dial was swapped and the bracelet is fake, who knows what else has been swapped out. Could be a fake case too or even worse you will open it to find an ETA movement :black_eye:

I'd be careful with this one.

dizz

Let us see what we have here. The seller has no real track record selling high end watches, his pics are too small to reveal the kind of details that separate real from fake & there are no movement pics & what I can see makes me queasy. Unless you have unusually good (& consistent) luck with long-shot gambles, I would definitely pass this 1 by.

Gold sports Rolex = very difficult to re-sell. Don't do it.

You can buy a good steel Explorer II for that. And if you invest $700-$1K more you'll get a Sub or nice 16710 GMT with a genuine bracelet.

All three are classic Rolexes. TT GMT will never be.

I agree with the guys posting above. The SS/gold Rolexes are not popular and are really dogs when they hit the marketplace. I consistently see TT subs selling for less than their SS counterparts. So unless you are hell bent on a TT GMT, I would run away from this one. As Freddy said, not much history (Seller), poor photos and no movement photos. Save your money and keep looking. IMHO you would be beter off going over to TZ, WUS or Rolex Forum sales corner to buy a genuine. I find Ebay to be too expensive and lots of dodgy watches posted for sale there.There are bargains to be had on Ebay, but they are few and far between, and usually you will get outbid by someone who is more knowledgable about prices.