When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Here is the continuation of "So I was banned on watchuseek.com....."

Prsist

Your ban will never be lifted

Here is the PM and following email I received that I can show, the other 3 I can’t because the adults over at watchuseek.com (WUS) simply don’t care to have a rational discussion. Yes, I created 3 new accounts to have a simple respectful discussion about my being banned. I am an easy going guy but what doesn’t sit well with me is when someone says jump and my response is to be how high. I have strong opinions but not to the point of harassment and belittling people. If I do cross the line I am adult enough to admit my error and apologize. It is a frickin watch forum not life or death, such as talking someone down from a ledge. WIS such as those who participate on watch forums loves and enjoy watches. Some might say we are emotionally attached to our watches and it can be said watches and discussion of watches provoke great emotion within us. I am one of those people. I could go on but I’ll spare myself spending the entire night beating a dead horse.

I thought of sending this to WUS but what good it do? I’d have better luck sinking to their level and bringing down their servers but why waste more of my precious time. In quotes are my original posts made on WUS that the mods took into account when deciding to ban me. My response will be underlined.

I did enjoy WUS. I sold and bought many gens there. I wish I could print out the pm's from fellow members praising me for not putting up with any [censored] from fellow members who get their panties all bunched up for saying something derogatory about one of their precious watches. So crack open a beer and ENJOY!

Here is my PM to a moderator:

Re: I have a problem and hope you can help

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterloo (a new accouint I created to send a pm)

I was banned and want to know what can be done to overturn the ban. I pm'd the mod and apologized and hoped we could do something to undo the ban.I would like to gain my original username because of the hard work I put into building my reputation on watchuseek.com. I don't want to cause trouble but would like to be an upstanding member again on watchuseek.com. Is there anything that can be done?

Respectfully,

Jason

prsist again. Banned.

Prsist,

You have been permanently banned and you will never be allowed back on Watchuseek. This is not open for discussion, so your messages about being reinstated are pointless. Just in case you've forgotten how YOU did this to yourself, here's a bit of your recent history:

"This is the problem I have forums. Someone uses some strong language and there is always some prude who gets there panties in a bunch. Some of us have strong opinions and others just go along with the flow. If opinions like mine have caused you to post less and be less active, I think I have done the forum a favor. Grow a pair, these are watches, not religious artifacts."

"Two tones ( just talkin bracelets) are for those who know nothing of watches, mobsters, clueless, and those who lack fashion sense."

You broke our sales rules by making a thinly veiled sales post for a Maurice Lacroix watch and posting a WTB in your signature.

I never solicited my watch other than in the appropriate forum. If you have proof please share. As for posting a wtb in my signature that is incorrect also. I don’t consider “On the hunt for…” the same thing. I never knew this was a problem since quite a few members have wtb’s in their signature. What is the status of their account?

Continued public complaining about the lack of a Maurice Lacroix forum.

Public complaining, his is a forum on watches and watch brands. I thought discussion should take place here! The post was titled “Should Maurice Lacroix have its own forum”! Once the moderator prematurely closed the threa, after one day of discussion, I let the topic be. It appeared the moderator doesn’t share my love for Maurice Lacroix judging his tone and words in the thread.

Publicly accusing moderators of deleting your posts when they hadn't.

What do you call it when I posted a new thread and I check on it 5 minutes later and it isn’t there? Was I imagining I typed up a post? Twice?

Accusing a moderator of "going off the deep end" for enforcing our rules

I consider it childish to explain why you disagree and are against some of my actions in the same post you banned me in. You simply could have pm’d me your explanation without banning me. If my actions were out of order why not let me know? I guess you did in just banning me for upsetting your fiefdom.

Instead of accepting your temp ban and coming back with a new attitude, you broke more of our rules by creating numerous duplicate accounts to challenge the decision

You tell me I’m a bad little boy and go sit in your room without a simply adult discussion? I deserve and expect to be treated like an adult. It seems WUS is heavy into rules and respecting the forum but when it comes to its members, that doesn’t apply. It is apparent WUS only wishes to have members who are sterile, dull and only post “I just bought a new xxx, see how cool I am? Or “Wristcheck!!! Is the day coming where rule 242 states all members must click on an advertisement banner?

Watchuseek is meant to be a friendly and inclusive place, and thousands of members seem to do just fine getting along with others, being respectful to everyone, and following the rules. For whatever reason you were unable to do so, so it's really not the place for you.

Your right, if all that is expected of me is to be passionless about a hobby I love then maybe WUS isn't for me.

** Note that this is an unmonitored email account so any replies will go unread. **

Regards,

Watchuseek Team

In full disclosure I have never read the forum rules, but who has for any forum one has signed up for. As long as I don’t insult you as a person or verbally attack you. We all have opinions and aren’t dedicated forums the place to share them? I have never said I am always right but just ask for a fair shake. For the record, Linde Werlikn doesn’t deserve its own forum.

Wow nicely done Prsist!! :D I guess WUS isn't for you after all, and that is a good thing. Like Southcoast said...screw 'em! That sort of fanaticism is unnecessary and really does not create a "comfy" home to discuss your favorite hobby. I don't think you are really missing out on much by not being allowed back there. Just my 0.02

yah, I got banned there too. I even emailed them why I was banned even though I don't think I did anything wrong. They said my IP address was banned. I cannot log on at work but can so at home. They still won't lift the IP ban. Some dufus at work must also be a WUS member who [censored] them off real bad.

My sympathies but whoever said Forums are a democracy. Doesn't matter whether you are right or wrong. I can't say I read the first thread but in this case you seem reasonable. They don't want yours or anyone else's opinion. They just want business to flow smoothly - it is a gen sales forum. I don't know why you waste any time on them other than to buy and sell gens. They have neither the time nor the inclination to debate the merits of your's or anyone else's membership. It is obviously the wrong forum for you (and me).

They don't like you and you don't like them - get over it and move on. Obviously a number of our esteemed members have. :lol:

My sympathies but whoever said Forums are a democracy. Doesn't matter whether you are right or wrong. I can't say I read the first thread but in this case you seem reasonable. They don't want yours or anyone else's opinion. They just want business to flow smoothly - it is a gen sales forum. I don't know why you waste any time on them other than to buy and sell gens. They have neither the time nor the inclination to debate the merits of your's or anyone else's membership. It is obviously the wrong forum for you (and me).

They don't like you and you don't like them - get over it and move on. Obviously a number of our esteemed members have. :lol:

So true WM,WUS Is Indeed a sales forum,a huge one at that. "They just want business to flow smoothly" exactly :good: Although I have to admit that It did take me sometime to get over my ban :g: About two minutes,maybe three :lol:

/me quickly hides all his two tone watch bracelets :-) :bicycle: lol, how very dare you!

And now for an opinon quote... "Opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks".

I won't point out what our co-admin's called, maybe you'll be facing another ban! lol (i'm joking).

All you can say is you tried, and anyone you dealt with selling gens etc will know you're ok to deal with, hell i'd be suprised if a lot of people wern't on here too!

Thank you. It is just my opinion (about two time bracelets). My first nice watch was a two time tag 1500 that I had for 10 years. That probably turned me off them. I can't wear leather straps due to allergies but I dont ridicule them. There are a lot of cool straps I wish I could wear. Kinda like rubber straps, the Marathon runner strap being the best I have ever experienced. I plan on buying the strap for mu slevin. I hope it works out.

• 7 years later...

Hello guys, sorry to be reliving an old thread, but I feel devastated and ashamed because yesterday 20 of December of 2017 I signed up in watchuseek and I was banished soon after by having love and passion for g shock and getting excited about it, which supposedly is what members of watchussek should defend, I have a wide collection of g shocks and I like to make changes to all of them and I was particularly happy for a change in my black gw7900, where I changed the bezel and strap for the bezel and strap of the blue g7900, where I found that the gray g button even matched the gray bezel screws and wanted to post the same result photos on some gw7900 threads because I did not know if they would see those photos only in a thread or older threads and I was soon automatically banned because they thought I was a bot, and the members who thought I was not a bot had cruel comments of the kind they had heard me in the first time, or that it should be the first time I used the internet, that it was ridiculous to be excited by the combination of colors of my modding of my gshock etc, etc .. And other members were even encouraging to banish me and others just said poor Miguel.And i think to myself,  What's up with these people, why so much hate? why they are so picky?

20171220_151009.jpg

20171220_151021.jpg

They don't like you and you don't like them - get over it and move on. Obviously a number of our esteemed members have.
Definitely not a democracy. In all do respect to mods but I just imagine some dude wearing underwear with mountain dew and pizza banning people :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk