When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

About to give up on the wm9/bklm1234 Seadweller. What are my options?

Prsist

Gong on almost 20 months I'm thinking of moving on. I bought a Deepsea to get me by but just.sold it.Bauer it doesnt fit right on my wrist. I am thinking of going vintage 1665 or a 16600. I've heard good things about Jacko's modded Seadwellers. What Do fellow members recommend?

Is WM9 even working on that freekin sea-dweller? It was supposed to be released like a year ago. We havent even seen pics or anything. He hasnt even updated his website (last time i checked) since springtime. I remember BK said he would use any 16600 deposits towards a different model he carries so that might be an option.

Has anyone even heard from WM9 as to what the heck is going on? maybe BK can let us know whats going on... I still dont think the new WM9 sea-dweller is going to be any better than the Noobfactory super sea-dweller V2. BUT, maybe i am wrong... some production pics would be nice... to at least keep the dream alive.

dizz

[edited for spelling]

Who knows what is going on! There is and ongoing thread on BK's sales page, but nothing except speculation. AFAIK, the WM9 website is completely generic now, no mention of the SD except references to genuine. i haven't been to the WM9 forum in months, mostly folks over there ranting about the wait. BK is probably as much in the dark as everyone else. Certainly he hasn't posted any SD updates on his page.

If you bought your SD through BK, he has offered to apply the SD deposit to another watch in his lineup. If you'r a WM9 direct customer as I am, you are at the mercy of George. When it comes, it comes, if it doesn't then We are out whatever we put up (in my case, full price paid in advance). i learned my lesson on this one, as I'm sure others have as well. I will never put up a deposit for a watch that's still in the "Dream" stage. Better to wait until it's in production and buy, even if the price is higher.

Another opportunity window, although one that is probably closing rapidly is to sell your slot to someone who is more patient and willing to take the risk and the wait. I'm not sure anyone would go for that with a WM9 direct deal, but some may if dealing with BK.

Would be nice just to know its still in the works... for all we know, with the popularity of the DSSD, he may have scrapped the 16600 project all together and may already be working on a Deep-sea... I guess will will just have to wait and find out. :black_eye:

I would seriously consider alternative options for your seadweller, from personal experience with WM9 I can only share your disappointment and feel that better value and service can be found elsewhere. Though I fully appreciate what its like when you have your heart set on a watch I can honestly say that "wanting" a WM9 was for me preferable to actually owning one.

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm still trying to figure out what to do. One option is to get a sub ceramic instead. BK has been great, he's patiently answered all my questions. Look on the bright side, at least we didn't have someone scam us out of our money. Having options at this point is time is pretty good if you ask me.

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm still trying to figure out what to do. One option is to get a sub ceramic instead. BK has been great, he's patiently answered all my questions. Look on the bright side, at least we didn't have someone scam us out of our money. Having options at this point is time is pretty good if you ask me.

I'm only out $35 so I'm lucky.