When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

some people have to much cash

marinamm20

It's not about the materials or movement, it's about the rarity. If you are a passionate collector, then that is what it's about. Would I rather have a 202 or a Pam in house tourby? I'd go with the 202.

Any type of collecting is the same way. Look at those Beanie Babies. They were going for really high prices as they were rare and collectible.

Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

Dont get me wrong I fully appreciate the rarity and thats one of the genius marketing techniques that Panerai have used , its simple yet utterly brilliant, bung some easy to understand numbers on the back and away you go. But the movement is still cheap as chips and a Nice rep 202 is pretty much the same as gen 202 even down to the movement and thats not really that special at the end of the day now is it?

As we all know it is supply and demand. Often these watches come in lots of a couple of hundred. Think of all the Rolexes that sell for roughly the same prices or more and there are thousands of them. Those prices make no sense to me either but it is all relative. Relative to your pocketbook. :lol:

So true!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Well, then the goal is relatively simple fellas - introduce and subsequently become the exclusive purveyor of the next special-edition-limited a-list merchandise to the uberstinking rich while making them feel like they're a part of a very exclusive club. If you want to take it to the next step while making it interesting - diversify your front end, i.e. create multiple, seemingly competing brands in order to steer the market niche toward the most profitable marque.

Rinse and repeat.

It's not about the materials or movement, it's about the rarity. If you are a passionate collector, then that is what it's about. Would I rather have a 202 or a Pam in house tourby? I'd go with the 202.

Any type of collecting is the same way. Look at those Beanie Babies. They were going for really high prices as they were rare and collectible.

Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

I was going to take the p1ss and ask what beany babies are going for today but then i looked "BUY IT NOW $4K" WTF

Make vintage rolly parts look cheep in comparison

MilesD you have a point!