When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

it just keeps getting worse!

Dizzy

I wish someone repped this clasp. It looks sooooo good!! i'd never even seen a "big logo" before a few months ago. It looks much better than the regular logo IMHO. The 19mm versions are still down around $900 but there is a big step up in price for the 20mm model... wow.

Some guy on VRF posted a 1803 day-date for $6000 from the late 50's that had a beautiful rivited bracelet and "big logo" clasp. I bet that bracelet alone is worth $6k on that one. I wish I was rich and could afford stuff like this.

Clearly, we are back to the pre-summer 2007 days of unrestrained vintage Rolex pricing.

Keep in mind that with so many previously third-world countries minting new millionaires almost as fast as the US now mints dollar bills & with Rolex being 1 of the most universally accepted aspirational purchases, with demand for vintage outstripping the limited supplies, prices can only continue ever-skyward. If the recession was not able to stymie this trend, then it is likely to continue for as long as mechanical watches are popular.

Im trying to buy some vintage gen bracelets for my frankens but its not that easy anymore.. I got a couple 9315's and a nice 19mm rivet for my 6265 but now prices are skyrocketing in the last 3 or 4 weeks again :wounded1: