When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Welcome to Ubi's corner or, How a friend makes me smile

Justasgood

:welcomeani:

:notworthy: Welcome to Ubi's Corner :notworthy:

Picture140.jpg

Picture139.jpg

Just an update.....I don't do reviews :cry2:

After spending a night with my new 7032 Monte CarlUbio, :rofl: I have decided that I don't plan on doing much to it. The Monte CarlUbio is quite appealing as it is.

I will track down a Gen Crystal and I will install Gen springbars today. So far, all I have done is brush the bezel.......and :drool::drool: a lot.

Picture144.jpg

Picture145.jpg

Picture152.jpg

Picture154.jpg

Picture159.jpg

Picture156.jpg

Picture147.jpg

Tomorrow is my 11th Wedding anniversary. :snog: So I will be surprising my wife with this Cartier. It is a Genuine Picked up off the TZ sales corner as a "Needs to be fixed" and " has seen better days".

Originally, it had the Gold Plaque over Sterling Silver. My watchmaker serviced the Quartz movement, replaced the crystal(Expensive at $75.00), Rhodium plated the case(My wife doesn't wear gold), replaced the gold crown with a new white gold from Cartier and put it in a really nice box.

Picture136.jpg

Picture135.jpg

Picture134.jpg

Picture132.jpg

Picture131.jpg

Hopefully I can get the stem I need to get the Monte Carlo finished so that my wife and I can enjoy our beautiful watches as we head toward the next :inverted: decades-O-bliss. :inverted:

Picture133.jpg

Wishing everyone a great weekend and Another BIG GIANT THANKS to my good Friend, Ubi. :thumbs::drinks:

DW's crystal is much nicer than he's given credit for. I used to think that all genuine Cyclope 128s were flat, with beveled edges. However, I've seen several original examples on VRF that show otherwise. No smoking gun picture of the crystal's profile, unfortunately, but reflections and refractions indicate a domed crystal.

Great trio of watches from the talented Mr. Ubi! I'm not an AP guy, but I'm rather fond of that Royal Oak...