When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looking for a gen rolex clasp for a 1665 Great White....

Prsist

it would be a 93150 clasp. They range on ebay from $175-$400 depending on the condition and the seller. I think around $150 is fair for one in ok shape. NOS condition of course would be worth more... Maybe $250 but i sure wouldnt pay $400. You can get a whole bracelet for $475-$550 these days. I need another 93150 clasp also. I just havent seen any decent deals on them lately.

The correct codes on the clasp would be like VC, VD, or VE for instance, which would be the late 70's up til '80 or so. But I've seen 1665's as late as 1983, even though the 16660 was already out at that point. Look around for a list of the clasp codes and the corresponding dates. The 93150 came out around 1976-7 as I recall. Prior to that a 9315 would be correct for a DRSD of course. But bracelets do get changed out as the links get stretched out, so replacements bracelets are common even on gens.

• 1 year later...

The correct codes on the clasp would be like VC, VD, or VE for instance, which would be the late 70's up til '80 or so. But I've seen 1665's as late as 1983, even though the 16660 was already out at that point. Look around for a list of the clasp codes and the corresponding dates. The 93150 came out around 1976-7 as I recall. Prior to that a 9315 would be correct for a DRSD of course. But bracelets do get changed out as the links get stretched out, so replacements bracelets are common even on gens.

Is there an active link to a clasp code source on RWG?

Ive seen many bracelets for sale and the buckles rarely match the bracelet. No question the buckle must match the bracelet to qualify for 100% gen. Some ebayers sell 78360 bracelets to fit subs, with a 93150 buckle, and vice versa. A 93150 bracelet carrys a matching buckle stamped 93150. Even though the stainless oyster bracelet for the datejust and sub are the same construction, the numbers must match, 78360 bracelet 78360 buckle 93150 bracelet 93150 buckle. There is no mix and match from rolex. Good luck

Ive seen many bracelets for sale and the buckles rarely match the bracelet. No question the buckle must match the bracelet to qualify for 100% gen. Some ebayers sell 78360 bracelets to fit subs, with a 93150 buckle, and vice versa. A 93150 bracelet carrys a matching buckle stamped 93150. Even though the stainless oyster bracelet for the datejust and sub are the same construction, the numbers must match, 78360 bracelet 78360 buckle 93150 bracelet 93150 buckle. There is no mix and match from rolex. Good luck

Not sure I would totally agree with that, back in those days and now , I understand you can specify/purchase a full flip lock Sub clasp (like 93150), on a non Sub bracelet (like 78360), such as you have described - if preferred. You can also mix and match end links to suit as well.

A mixed spec bracelet can still be Genuine Rolex parts, but not original factory fit OEM spec - if that makes sense? Or maybe that it what you meant anyhow ?

The regular, ex OEM spec is of course 93150/93150/585 (GWSD) et al. But a mixed build does not imply it is a botched/rep/aftermarket build.

I have found numerous references to this across the Rolex forums.