When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Asian 7753 update, defect, Super Luminova application

RWG Technical

Update on our A7753.

Defective gear

I noted during testing that turning the hands backwards resulted in skipping of the crown, the movement was disassembled to find the problem.

Here's what I found, the intermediate gear was broken in two pieces, this gear connects the sliding pinion of the keyless works, to the minute gear and cannon pin.

xfergear.jpg

The gear was removed, and a new one installed.

newgear.jpg

Problem fixed. This is the first time I have seen this gear break in two, is it a defect with the A7753? No, this gear is used in all Asian 7750's, so it's an isoloated defect, nothing more...

How about that lume??

My initial impressions were wrong...sorry...

I work under an extremely bright and powerful colour corrected flourscent lamp, and it can be a bit deceiving, especially when you check out lume.

Initially the dial lume looked really good, but I soon realized that it's not that good, in fact it's about the same as on all reps...crappy...

I lumed the dial and hands with Genuine Super Luminova C3 A+, which is the brightest and longest lasting lume available (700 minute glow time).

Here you can compare the stock vs Super Lume... I have only lumed half of the dial, including half of the subdial at 6.

Let me clear up some misinformation, it's been said on the forum a number of times "...no one can lume these subdials, they are too small...", while that may apply to others, it certainly doesn't apply to me. I have been luming these small subdials on the 187's for years...this subdial is no different, don't believe what you read :)

All pics 0.5 second exposure, no trickery or long exposures.

Half the dial lumed, and the subdial at 6 "2", "3", and "6" lumed

Lume.jpg

More views:

_1014345.jpg

_1014346.jpg

_1014347.jpg

Good work Rob, howmany of these have you serviced now then and if it is more then a few are you still of the mind that it is a decent movement?

Because it's based on the Asian 7750 series, which we have had for over 5 years, I think it's going to be a decent movement.

Only serviced 1 so far, but I have another one here for service, I'll post the results when I am done...

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone.

Rob - thanks for the updates and interesting technical notes ~ you used to have a mosaic of your finest lume work posted as a single large photo. You deleted this perhaps a year ago, and I was wondering if you still have the original to re-post? It had Crazy Hours dials, Slevin bezels .. all kinds of eye popping goodness.

That's what I love to see, the beautiful Ziggie lume work :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Rob, have you always been luming the subdial at "6" on the 250s people send you?

I just ask because you forgot to on the one I had sent you last year. No big deal, I sold it ages ago and got an ETA7753 250 with everything lumed to replace it. I was just curious if it something that you are just starting to do now.