When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

El Primero Franken Pam

Defender110

has anyone here made a El Primero Franken PAM??

i have a Rol. 16520 all NOS parts franken and would love to do a pam project with this movement!

if you have done this project please post some pictures!!

we would love to see these!

this would an ultimate franken in my opinion, and i have seen some gen dials popup now and again.

also if you have this dial currently i would be interested, pls pm/email anytime.

pam has used the el primero in quite a few models.and we have a decent 40mm case from the cartel.. i have seen the dials pop up from time to time.. and we know the el primero is avail nos, and used. now has anyone already done this project?? please show us. please. :-)common please show us if yo have done this project as my next gen is gonna be a pam w/ primero if i dont build it myself. Movements - OP IV The OP IV is Panerai's chronograph movement. It is based on the "high beat" Zenith El Primero.Its characteristic signature marks are small seconds at 9 and a date at 4, central chronograph seconds, and totalisers at 3 and 6.The variant of this movement used in the original PAM 52 chronograph did not have a date indicator, and in others with a date.

I was thinking the same thing. Both dial and gen crystal. Maybe you can get a package deal.

Good thinking. Then a case from cartel or MBW. I was recently getting a great lot of advice on the 40 case from W0lf and Pam-addiction. So if you want a link to a cheap but good rep 40mm case let me know. Only issue is the movement mounting but I am sure you can get the tab slots cut yourself :)

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

just to lett you know :

Perfect for "el Primero"

(I only get on sale , it's a Domenico's dial.)

http://www.rwgforum....__1#entry761241

:good:

Thats a lovely dial !!! Great way to use that movement :thumbsupsmileyanim:

That would make a great franken project :)

everyone's advice is well taken.

i take it that so far noone has taken a project like this to completion.

i have a franken 16520 with all NOS parts. its gleaming and looks the business, and i have the parts to get another together..however i want to move on to another project, and most will understand that for most wis here its about the journey and not the acquisition. (as i have lots of watches and wear maybe three as max regularly)

the display back is not really a deal breaker for me. only the WIS here would know the diff anyways.

i am not going to send the watch off to AD for service, so who will ever notice that the watch has the wrong rotor? noone! i will never really be wondering... 'that guy across from me on the subway is looking at my pam franken .. do you think he knows that the engravings missing from my movement?' hes not going to see it! i will, but i will actually enjoy looking at the plain jane el primo column wheel movement through the sapphire casebaack, and if i eventually source a rotor great if not that would be ok or i might just mount a closed caseback.

now.. i know someone here had the post sizes for the A7750 and the post sizes for a 3019? are they close enough that the hands could be broached to fit? and my other concern before getting into deep is if the movement(3019) will line up in the rep 40mm chrono case?

items needed for project:

rep 40mm chrono case

3019 movement w/ correct DW

3019 stem

ar the crystal

gen dial

hands to fit