When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daytona 6263 (Spinmaster build) Arrived!

The Red Baron

Hey y'all, just wanted to let you know that my long wait for the Daytona 6263 I ordered from SpinMaster arrived and I couldn't be happier! Below, please find a few quick pictures I snapped, with more to come tonight.

SpinMaster was a pleasure to deal with, he communicates excellently, and his work speaks for itself. Don't panic if you don't hear from him for a few days, he'll get back to you! Shipping did take a while, but its coming from Asia to CONUS so no worries there. Just be patient, it'l show up! The watch itself had all the workings done by SpinMaster with the extra goodies of a gen T21 crystal, gen pushers, crown, and tubes. Plus, the movement was serviced, which is really a must on these watches and will provide (hopefully) many years of enjoyment.

The only downside to the DW Daytona kit is the bracelet, which really is CHEAP - but one can source the proper bracelet (and then use the existing DW endlinks) for $58 from Yuki. I'll be picking one of those up shortly, but the DW bracelet feels *just* sturdy enough that it wont fall off my wrist so I'm OK for now :)

OK, on to the pics! (Wrist shot, and with light reading. Pics taken with iPhone4 and unedited - great camera!)

Daytona%206263-2.JPG

Daytona%206263-1.JPG

Yea def checked that. Fully unscrewed. The pusher depresses properly into the case but nothing happens. Doesn't feel like it's triggering anything inside the movement either

If you have the tools & are comfortable removing the caseback, check to see if the pusher is contacting the start/stop chrono lever. Sometimes, the pusher's internals can come unscrewed, which leaves it unable to depress the lever. Other than that, it sounds like you may need to return the watch to your watchmaker (or Ziggy) for repair.

Great watch for sure. The manual wind conversion is fantastic. As an owner of a Spinmaster 6263 myself, ditto on the bracelet, but as you said-- easy to fix.

As for the chrono, I stopped using mine. The chrono seconds hand has its issues. There are two that plague this model:

1) The non-resetting to home postion / floppy hand. (@Freddy333, can you post your link to the epoxy fix? This is one problem that I have encountered)

2.) The problem you are experiencing, pushers not doing anything. IIRC another member had the same problem and it was related to "the caseback being too tight" ???? Upon loosening the caseback the pusher magically (don't sue me Steve Jobs) started working.

Freddy, other than the spacing on the 110, are there any other ways in which the Yuki bezel is superior to DW's? I'm thinking back to the review of that insert (along with the Yuki 7205), and I seem to recall you weren't so keen on the printing quality on the Yuki bezel.

Red Baron: Regarding the bracelet, wiesn089 made an excellent comparison of gen vs. DW vs. Yuki 78350s. Take a look.

Freddy, other than the spacing on the 110, are there any other ways in which the Yuki bezel is superior to DW's? I'm thinking back to the review of that insert (along with the Yuki 7205), and I seem to recall you weren't so keen on the printing quality on the Yuki bezel.

Yuki has apparently updated (or replaced) his bezel, because the 1 I reviewed had no space between 'UNITSPER', which, for me, completely disqualified it

0481.jpg

While the current bezel looks correct (the printing quality looks better in the pic, but I would have to see 1 in person to make a final judgement)

RIMG0046-1-1.jpg

Overall, the bezel that is currently shown on Yuki's site appears to be a significant improvement over his old bezel & most of the other aftermarket components I have seen (including DW's). I plan to order at least 1 for my '41 & will review it against the previous Yuki offering once I receive it.

Now, if the factory would only flatten the top of the 4. :whistling:

Ronin, very interesting. I don't have any tools - what do y'all recommend for loosening the caseback? A wad of duct tape? :)

Well, if you do not have a Rolex caseback die, or hototeck orb ball, then yep a wad of duct tape. However, Spin probably has it very tight, so 50/50 chance.

Yea no dice, its on super tight. I'd love to try this loosening of the caseback though myself before I send it off to someone to take a look at. What is the least expensive tool you guys recommend for this DW Daytona 6263 caseback? (I'm not sure I want to invest in a good/expensive one because I just won't be removing casebacks hardly ever - unless the cheap ones aren't recommended)

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to shoot an update out there and say that I ordered the Yuki bracelet for this watch and it arrived (very quick shipping). It is an incredible upgrade from the DW stock one. Far nicer finish, less rough edges, much more substantial, better weight. Anyone on the fence (its only $58!) should def do the upgrade to Yuki's bracelet.

• 1 month later...