When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Where do I find WM9's site

dannyboy123

In addition to Josh and bklm I se lots of refernce to WM9 - where do I look and what/who else is also worth a look. Strikes me bklm has some of the best feedback/higher end product?

You probably need to read a little about WM9 (Go to BK's sales page and real under SD order progress). Long story short, WM9 has produced some of the most amazing replica watches ever. I would say that the WM9/BK v1,v2, and v3 Submariners are probably the best "out the box" Rolex replicas produced.Unfortunately, WM9 started an "Ultimate SeaDweller project about 2 years ago and it has been beset by all sorts of problems. Delivery was supposed to start back in Arril of 2010, well, no watches yet, and lots of pissed off customers. I'm out about 375.00 USD as I paid in full for mine back about a year ago.A couple of months ago, WM9 deleted all the progress logs and info on replicas off his website, and now his site has expired and hasn't been renewed. So there is no WM9 at the present time. the only WM9 watches available are used ones that hit the sales forum. Now that new ones are not being produced, i would suspect that the older ones will fetch a real premium, and won't be on the forum long. i bought my WM9/BK v3 a few months ago and i saw it on the sales forum about 3 minutes after it posted.I bought it and the entirwe transaction including PayPal was completed before the posting had been up for 30 minutes. so if you want one, you better move fast if you see it on the sales forum. Don't quibble about price, because by the time you send your PM asking for a discount, it will be sold to someone else.

You probably need to read a little about WM9 (Go to BK's sales page and real under SD order progress). Long story short, WM9 has produced some of the most amazing replica watches ever. I would say that the WM9/BK v1,v2, and v3 Submariners are probably the best "out the box" Rolex replicas produced.Unfortunately, WM9 started an "Ultimate SeaDweller project about 2 years ago and it has been beset by all sorts of problems. Delivery was supposed to start back in Arril of 2010, well, no watches yet, and lots of [censored] off customers. I'm out about 375.00 USD as I paid in full for mine back about a year ago.A couple of months ago, WM9 deleted all the progress logs and info on replicas off his website, and now his site has expired and hasn't been renewed. So there is no WM9 at the present time. the only WM9 watches available are used ones that hit the sales forum. Now that new ones are not being produced, i would suspect that the older ones will fetch a real premium, and won't be on the forum long. i bought my WM9/BK v3 a few months ago and i saw it on the sales forum about 3 minutes after it posted.I bought it and the entirwe transaction including PayPal was completed before the posting had been up for 30 minutes. so if you want one, you better move fast if you see it on the sales forum. Don't quibble about price, because by the time you send your PM asking for a discount, it will be sold to someone else.

Bugger! So being an owner of a v3 WM9/BK how do you think the noob version he mod's stands up, as shown on this site? Looks quite good to me, but I haven't studied the real deal and Rolex's have changed a bit since I bought my gen ss sub 12 or so yrs back.

I assume by your name youre a pam fan? As mentioned above I have a gen ss sub. A while back I got a 47mm gen Oris Diver, made my sub feel small so I started looking at larger watches and ended up with a DSN PAM02a (delighted with it - compared well to a gen I saw recently). That's what got me thinking about a DSSD, like my ss sub, but bigger. How does the DSSD wear in your opinion?

Edited by dannyboy123

I feel bad for anyone caught up in this WM9 drama... If I had a BK made WM9 then i wouldnt be selling it because who knows what another Submariner of that quality will be produced... And as for the sea-dweller... who knows. :black_eye:

I had a DSSD and thought it was "awkward". I dont know how else to describe it. I love big watches, but i wear a 16610 sub 95% of the time... the DSSD seemed off balance and top heavy even more so than something like a Super Avenger. I like the feel of a bigger watch once in a while so I might try the new ceramic Sub from BK. If you can find a WM9 then you should snatch it up before they vanish.

Dizz

On the DSSD I do have to say that it does wear funny. It feels very top heavy due to IMHO a too skinny bracelet and tall profile. It seems to wear much better with a Zulu strap or something which properly holds that "tuna can" on your wrist. Although the clasp is very cool the bracelet is just not substantial enough for the watch. As for WM9 - great stuff if you are into contemporary subs or Kermits. If they start getting too expensive start saving your money for a gen.

To answer a couple of your questions, The BK noobmariner is a pretty nice watch. I bought one several monthsago off the sales forum for my son. It has a clarks crystal and a better insert/pearl, otherwise stock. It is water resistant (tested to 5 atmos.) So I would say in the absence of the WM9/BK, it's that next step down, but at a pretty good price.

As to the DSSD, i would have to agree with everyone here about it's "Wearability" . Once you get used to wearing conventional size Rolex watches, it feels big and a bit topheavy. As Watchmeister said that is probably due to the bracelet size (20mm tapering to 18mm) I have several dive watches that are as big or bigger than the DSSD, an OCean 7 LM-7 which is a Omega ploprof homage, ansd two Seiko "Tuna Cans". All of those watches have 22mm lug widths and the extra width bracelets/straps makes a huge difference in the balance of the watch.

. If they start getting too expensive start saving your money for a gen.

The gens are getting cheaper now.. especially the older 16610's. Ive seen older ones from the early 90's going for $3000. Why spend $1000-1500 on a WM9 franken when thats half the price of a gen? Im into the vintage models now so I might sell my two or three 16610's I have including my franken, put in a few bucks and get one gen 16610 in rough shape and fix it up a little. I'd much rather have one half decent gen than a bunch of franken reps.

dizz

Diz,

You're right, the only watches I would spend 1000- 1500 dollars on would be a vintage. Maybe a 1680 or one of the 1665's either a DRSD or a White. I have a wm9?BK v3 16610 and it's a great watch. the only genuine part is the insert/pearl, and that was pt on by the previous owner. Rather than trying to make a super franken 16610, i would sell a few watches like you're talking about and pick up and older genuine 16610. There are probably hundreds of thousands of them all over the world, so they are gonig to be in the depreciating mode for a while I believe.

maybe somebody can explain me why the V3 Subs go +$1000 now ... ? :animal_rooster:

they have the shitty crown position that can not be fixed . why the premium ?

V2 is the best out of the box

V1 is still available at normal prices - it need some mods, but you will get the best SELs for free ;)

cheers,

Frank

maybe somebody can explain me why the V3 Subs go +$1000 now ... ? :animal_rooster:

V1 is still available at normal prices - it need some mods, but you will get the best SELs for free ;)

cheers,

Frank

Lots of demand and so few supply and with WM9 going in limbo,I might not be surpised to see the price hit $1.5k with few gen parts thrown in it.. :bangin:

Edited by 16234

cheers,

Frank

I thought the v3 had the correct crown position because it was using a different movement?

I thought the v3 had the correct crown position because it was using a different movement?

it sits too close to the case - looks like its touching the bezel .... you cant have it all in the Rep-world ;)