When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Submariner Crystal number?

CaptainJack

Out of curiousity, does the Tech Manual you've referred to mention anything that could be helpful in trying to determine the "specs" and uses of a crystal that doesn't have a package with labeled part number?? Perhaps exact diameter and thickness measurements?? Thanks again.

Although 25-295-C2 is the correct part for a Submariner crystal, I believe BK uses the 25-295-C1 on the WM9's. The crystal is the same, but the gasket is a wee bit taller on the C-1.

The etched crown has been around for over 10 years, so any replacement gen crystal should have it. It should have an 'S' in the middle of the etched crown for 'service'.

@ d-rock, the gen crystal is stepped. The top OD is 30.5 and the bottom OD is 29.5mm. Cousins has a good diagram of this

http://www.cousinsuk.com/catalog/4/494/1957.aspx

Look under the generic mineral glass with date lens, for the 295 C-1 and C-2 to compare.

etched crown + :yuk:

I HATE HATE HATE the fact that you can see the stupid etching on my 16600 SSD crystal. I like the one on my MBW16610, you can barely see it. Basicly if you can see it easily with your naked eye then its obvious your crystal (and / or entire watch) is a replica. Replacing the crystal on the SSD isnt as easy as the WM9 because the SSD isnt constructed the same as a gen. BK tried it and it was a no go. Too bad.

dizz

Well this turned into an interesting discussion; C1 or C2

allgoat, thank you for the link. Cousins sure is a resource.

Dee, I'm waiting to here from the dealer until tue, closed today.

I bought a gen tube for $90 already and he's going to look at

his inventory for a used crown in very good condition(he has a

new sealed one for $190!).

I'm going to send a PM to BK, I'm asking him to do the work on

my super-franken, to see what he would prefer.

Jack

Crown,tube n etc would be next.Crystal is main priority now =) Hope it won't break my wallet though ...Swapping would be done by my local watchsmith :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Jack

Although 25-295-C2 is the correct part for a Submariner crystal, I believe BK uses the 25-295-C1 on the WM9's. The crystal is the same, but the gasket is a wee bit taller on the C-1.

The etched crown has been around for over 10 years, so any replacement gen crystal should have it. It should have an 'S' in the middle of the etched crown for 'service'.

@ d-rock, the gen crystal is stepped. The top OD is 30.5 and the bottom OD is 29.5mm. Cousins has a good diagram of this

http://www.cousinsuk.com/catalog/4/494/1957.aspx

Look under the generic mineral glass with date lens, for the 295 C-1 and C-2 to compare.

THANKS for the info !!! I'm glad to hear the gen C2 crystal will fit the v2 as I've already got 2 of them waiting at the house.

I DO have another question for you, sir. I'm fairly certain the numbers of the crowns I've scooped up are the 24-703-0.

But what about the tube needed to put these in the eta 2678 mvt???

BK says he has a custom tube for this application but out of curiousity will a gen 16610 tube work as well??

Jack

Cool, Capt. Be sure to let us know what BK says about the WM9's.

BTW...I'm going to put the gen 93150/501B on hold and go for the gen dial, if I can find one.

The one we discussed is nice but if I'm going "all the way" on one of these I may as well stay date correct.

• 2 years later...