When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

wm9 from P/T

signumboy

That's a mystery, isn't it?

The whole WM9 v1 thing I mean... those watches used to have the same green back sticker as the very old "TW Best" models. It'd be interesting to know where PT can source them.

PT's v1 is an amazing Sub. If you have some modding skills you can always remove the rehaut engraving that comes with the new batch.

I loved my v1. LINK. Actually I'm quite pissed off now that I traded it back then. Yes, v2 with v1 SELs is the best of the best, but that flat S dial was so great.

3-5.jpg

its kind of a mystery what youre going to get with a wm9 from PT. he convinced me a year back that he was selling me the last one he could get and even gave me a really good deal in order to get rid of it. i got the watch, it resembled some sort of wm9 type watch that was indeed constructed like the gen with a 'z' dial. it was great for the price but the lugs didnt fit bracelets correctly with out slight modification.

buy one, itll be interesting to see what you get :p

here is mine V1

the old green sticker was still on the caseback ;)

strange - but helps to identify the watch ... :)

cheers,

Frank

I asked PT some weeks ago for the WM9 V1,5 and he told that Yours ( Frank !) was THE LAST one and that he could get hold of and that it was just "lucky" to get that watch to You :whistling:

He had a broken V 1,5 that I bought the loveley bracelet from and the case was bought for "spare parts" of another member!

So perhaps even the WM9 V1,5 is not avaliable any more :wounded1:

I order one from PT ten days ago. Here is what he told me: DELIVERY TIME IS ABOUT 16 TO 20 DAYS FOR THIS WATCH BECAUSE EACH ONE IS CUSTOM ASSEMBLED.PLEASE NOTE THE MOVEMENT WILL BE GOLD ETA AS THE SILVER ETA IS NOW OUT OF STOCK.YOU CAN SEND MONEY DIRECT TO FACTORY. I WILL SHIP FROM THE UK TO YOU. REGARDS PT. I hope i dont lose my money!!

okay here a few pics of mine -

stock - no mods :

IMG_5356.jpg

engravings gone - really easy to remove and cousins crystal ...

IMG_5435.jpg

IMG_5437.jpg

some more mods : gen insert,gen crystal, cg shaved, BK-DW - would have a gen crown if not one member here sent me 2! times a defective crown and still

did not pay me my money back grrr ... :black_eye:

IMG_6451.jpg

cheers,

Frank

Although I think the WM9V1.5 from PT is probably a little better, I did run across a TWB that yamahatwin picked up modded from BK for around $400.

http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/rolex-submariner-16610-twb-bkmodded-63431.html

This one won't take a gen (or aftermarket) crystal, but it has the same flat 'S' dial and looks pretty good. Also, with the BK mods- pearl and cg's, it's nice for someone who doesn't want to do the mods.

The gen crystal looks much better because it doesnt have that HUGE etched crown that just screams "REPLICA!"

How did you remove the engraving? I would probably try sandpaper and then polishing with a Dremel... I find the 16610's look better with a polished rehaut anyways