When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 288K - Not good Better

RealReplica

First a word for the dealer, Torobravo... WOW Brother, you did it again, first one to receive a new 288, 2 days, that's right this baby left CN Monday morning and arrived Wednesday Morning to Ireland. Can't beat that.

Another word for his packaging. WOW the watch came with a very nice one watch leather carrier pouch, with rubber protector and well bubble wrapped, could it get any better? Yes, if he had shipped it on a gen box with all papers, that's the only way it would get better. Thanks again bud.

The bad:

Toro didn't notice the Chrono hand wasn't resetting to 0, this is a common problem on replicas but these 1:1 factories and the dealers should pay a bit more attention to these issues. Having said that its a minor problem, its very easy to resolve and I want to have it serviced anyways so it will get back to normal soon enough. Actually its already at "0" as I stopped the chronograph exactly at 0 as you can see by the photos, quite easy on this particular watch because there's no hour totalizer.

The 2nd issue is not an issue unless you've elephant wrists like me, if you have wrists larger than 8'2 you're going to struggle with the stock strap, its too small. I have to use it on the 2nd to last hole and its a bit tight on that one.

Other than these 2 minor things, the watch is incredible, it feels, looks and sounds genuine. Put a pair of gen shoes on this and you're set.

The GOOD:

- Build quality seems to be up there with the best.

- The AR is totally colorless and superb although only single sided.

- The dial quality is superb

- The insert ring although there's a milimetric difference on the font boldness and position its not noticeable at all, I'd say that even with the gen side by side you'll have trouble noticing it.

- The Lume, WOW, the lume is superb on pair with my Rex Superlumed 111h.

- The Caseback is perfect

- The Packaging that toro sent this in was a very nice surprise, thanks bud.

- The stock strap although a bit too small for larger wrists seems much better quality than previous stock straps. Not those plastic type rep straps we're used to.

- The accuracy, this thing is up there 99% close to genuine, and you pay 30x less for one. Well this is a great deal.

- Toro's super fast service, this was amazing. After having to wait a long time for my 300 from toro, this one came in 2 days, that's right 2 days from Guangzhou to Ireland. 5 Stars.

- The Sapphire glass, no distortion at all, perfect.

Now on to what you're waiting for, the better pictures:

288-1.jpg

288-2.jpg

288-3.jpg

288-4.jpg

288-5.jpg

288-6.jpg

288-7.jpg

288-8.jpg

288-9.jpg

Sorry for the bad lume shots, I only have a huge tripod from my landscape work and its in storage and I was too lazy to get in there and look for it tonight. You get an idea anyways until someone shoots better pics.

288-10.jpg

288-11.jpg

27/20 is the one that comes mounted for this new deployment clasp. Any 26mm will look good here too though.

The new deployant is 20mm and not 22mm? Could you let us know if this takes a 22mm strap? 27/20 is perhaps 27/22?

Cheers.

Very nice piece but Iwonder about the quality of the crown tube and the crown.

I have a very first radiomir that I got back in 2005 from El and although I have been extremely careful throughout the years the tube does not have much life left in it since the metal is such a low grade.

I wonder if they are any better these days.

Fantastic pics RR,you are the first to really capture the resessed sub dials,nice job :good: Im one of those who absolutely love this model,the lack of resessed sub dials pervented me from buying this beautiful Panerai rep. But now It is very very close to the gen,how good? scarry good :shock: Thanks for the pics RR and also for sharing your thoughts :drinks: Mike

Mate Those are some great pics and nice write up. The quality certainly oozes from this watch by rep standards.

Congratulations and wear it well mate :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Like Sq_pl if I didnt dislike the Rads I would buy this in a heart beat!!

I do like that deployant, is there any chance you could get a proper measure on the internal size of the reciever, I would like to know if it could strech to a 22mm :) :) If so I am having a couple ;)