When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

42mm PO Mod Project - Story so far

danza1812

Well after completing a couple of 45mm UPO mod projects with gen dial, hands, crystal, datewheel and bezel inserts, i still didnt enjoy wearing them all that much because of the size.

I sold them off and concentrated on gen omegas for a while before being drawn back by pictures of Ubis and DB2's 4th gen mod projects.

I was able to recently aquire an unused 4th gen from a fellow member and then set to work on my mod project.

This is how it looked on arrival;

9df10c86.jpg

36589614.jpg

6c277950.jpg

So first off was getting the old bezel off, very difficult task without proper equipment as i learned the hard way having scratched the polished lugs!!

PB190039.jpg

The I removed the movement, removed hands and old dial:

PB190038.jpg

PB190047.jpg

I bought a new datewheel to install but the one on the swiss eta was really quite good so rather than struggle to replace i have left it on for now.

Then came the new dial and hands - tricky to say the least!

Before casing it back up, slapping the new bezel on (very tight though, i daren't turn it again incase it gets stuck again!)

PB1900412.jpg

PB1900422.jpg

PB1900382.jpg

So this is how it compares - before and after!

78c38ece.jpgPB1900402.jpg

I decided against going for the gen crystal for now as the 4th gen had reasonable AR and on the new PO's the AR isnt as blue as the older models so this really wasnt so much of an issue for me (plus cost!)

Next for me will be crown/tube perhaps and definately a gen strap, bracelet or clasp at the very least. For now, good enough to wear

PB190044.jpg

It has a good home Ubi! It may be getting an upgrade soon :)

How could yours possibly get more upgraded??? A certificate of authenticity from Omega perhaps!!!

I'm hoping to get hold of a gen bracelet at some point. Wearing it on NATO at the moment. Crown/tube and crystal are also on my list. Hoping chief does another ar run soon.

How could yours possibly get more upgraded??? A certificate of authenticity from Omega perhaps!!!

I'm hoping to get hold of a gen bracelet at some point. Wearing it on NATO at the moment. Crown/tube and crystal are also on my list. Hoping chief does another ar run soon.

I have a couple of scratches in the AR on my Chief crystal, so I was thinking about getting a Genuine crystal for it. I am just not sure if it will fit. Have you found anything that makes you think that it will fit, and what about the crystal gasket? Does the replica one work, or do I need to buy the real thing?

• 2 weeks later...