When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

This looks entirely suspect

Prsist

HA HA its probably ok... What are these things worth these days anyways? Seems a little expensive but I dont know much about these GMT's

Hes got ok feedback as a seller for some expensive items including a Breitling Emergency so its probably not a scam, and hes been an ebay member since 2004.... those are things I look at when gauging the possibility of a scam in progress.

The price is right. These weere selling for 4.5k a year or two ago, but it looks like the market for used contemporary stuff is a little weak. I've seen a couple of "beater" 16610's go for less than 3k in the last few weeks.And by beater, i don't mean they were in terrible shape, just some wear, and stretched bracelets. Of course no Box and papers.

The only thing i find strange about this auction is the paperwork part. What he has for paperwork, is the stuff I can buy off Ebay every day, but he doesn't have the most important one and that is the certificate ( maybe on this late model it is a plastic card) which is the one thing that is pretty difficult to duplicate. I also don't like the no returns, use Ebay Buyer protection.

I'm pretty sure as Dizzy said, it's a legit GMT Master II, but there are just a few too many alarm bells ringing to let me stay in my comfort zone on one like this. He could have possibly gotten several hundred dollars more for this watch had he put up a half dozen high quality photos including a couple of the movement.